Freeview annoyance.

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Freeview annoyance.

Post by gasteropod »

For the past month or so, when I go on the episode guide, Channel 4, E4, Channel 4 + 1, and E4 + 1 only show what's currently on and what's on next. Is this happening for everyone? They're the main channels I use so it really annoys me not being able to see the whole night's schedule, when every other channel has it all there! They didn't used to be like that, they worked properly before.

Cheers.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Unlike Sky the EPG on Freeview boxes differs wildly, not only is the EPG system different there are 3-4 different EPG providers. Many download it direct from Freeview (the cheap boxes tend to) but others do not. Some also download it once/twice a day, while others only when you access the EPG.

In my case I use a Humax 9200 PVR which downloads it direct from Freeview when you access the EPG and it's working perfectly fine. My Pioneer Recorder also downloads it from Freeview but updates twice day, that is fine too.

Some questions:

* What make/model do you have?
* Is it a STB, PVR or DVD Recorder (this can be a DVD Recorder or HDD/DVD Recorder Combo)?
* Does it update once/twice a day or automatically when you access the EPG?
* Does it happen to any other Freeview box you have access to?
* Have you tried wiping your channel selection and re-scanning?

The last option is likely to fix it. Do it during the day though and preferably good weather.

I hope that helps.
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Yeah, I agree with bradavon. Try a retune before anything else.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

It's built in to my Toshiba 47Z3030 LCD. It's just strange how it's only with the C4 channels, and it didn't use to happen.

Thanks, I'll try the retune thing.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Oops I forgot about Freeview TVs too.

Fingers crossed.

Is it happening with any other Freeview Receivers you have access too? Presuming you do have access to any others.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

I don't, hence my asking on here ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

If you're still having problems I find this forum by far the best for advice on Broadcast TV problems:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/