Do any P2P Apps automatically download like WMP/ITunes?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Do any P2P Apps automatically download like WMP/ITunes?

Post by bradavon »

Okay so it's a bad title but I couldn't think of a better one. WMP and ITunes both download your music to your MP3 Player including any Podcasts you subscribe to. You just plug it in and that's it.

Is there any P2P software (BitTorrent or other network) that automatically download files based on criteria you specify? I understand some BT sites offer an RSS feed but you still have to manually download any files you're then interested in, do you not?

I'm after some software I can run and when new files appear that match the keyword(s) they're automatically downloaded for you.

I'm not after an in depth discussion just a Yes or No and the name of the application that can do it, if any.

Thanks
Last edited by bradavon on 07 Mar 2008, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I know that Bittorrent has a feature called "RSS Downloader".
Looks like this is what you're looking for. Don't really know how it works, though.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

tom2681 wrote:I know that Bittorrent has a feature called "RSS Downloader".
I think a trip to the optometrist is in order.
bradavon wrote:I understand some BT sites offer an RSS feed but you still have to manually download any files you're then interested in,
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Thanks anyway guys :(
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Using RSS feeds are exactly what you want and you dependent upon client you can of course have torrents that match your regex start automatically.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Good point. What RSS Readers then download based on keyword such as I describe? I only use Firefox's Live Bookmarks at the moment.

It sounds like you're saying some RSS Readers can do this? Thanks.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Just use the RSS downloader in whatever torrent client you use, since you use windows that should be utorrent.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I use BitComet 0.70. Which isn't the latest version but newer versions don't work properly in Vista, despite oddly supposedly being compatible and 0.70 not being Vista compatible.

I tried utorrent ages ago but didn't like the interface, the memory footprint from BitComet is fine. As BitComet 0.70 has no RSS Reader I'll give utorrent another go.

Thanks.