PicLens - Probably the coolest Firefox/IE Add-on ever!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

PicLens - Probably the coolest Firefox/IE Add-on ever!

Post by bradavon »

Image Image

It's compatible with Google Images, Flickr, Deviant ART and other sites.

Download links:

IE6/IE7: http://www.piclens.com/site/ie/
Windows Firefox 2.0: http://www.piclens.com/
MAC OS Firefox 2.0: http://www.piclens.com/site/firefox/mac/
MAC OS Safari: http://www.piclens.com/site/safari/

Once installed go to Google Images (or whatever), click the Blue PicLens icon at the bottom left of all images and prepare to be impressed.

Once the Wall has loaded you can also click the Full-screen bottom at the bottom left to display Full-screen pictures.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Meh, looks like a rip off of various Apple rubbish. Probably a resource hog too.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Some things Apple do are cool ;)

It's 1.3Mb which is the biggest Firefox add-on I've ever seen but it is so damn cool I don't care. It loads quickly so doesn't seem to be a resource hog and I'd think it sits there dormant until you initiate it.

Google's search engine is great because it has a basic look (no crap filing the screen) but their reliance on text based web pages does look dull when searching for photos etc . . .

Photo viewing is all about this kind of thing, unlike video viewing which just needs to be functional. I've wanted to find something like this for ages. I hope they bring out a standalone version. Microsoft Windows Live Photo Gallery is pretty cool but it could be better.