The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
As you may have noticed we've moved and upgraded so it looks a bit different but should function the same. The CAPTCHA should now stop spammers so no need for manually checking accounts now. Alas CAPTCHA's now get served up to low paid workers to solve some of the time so if some still get through I'll add some more new tricks.
Please let me know of any problems particularly broken images/avatars/smilies as I expect some of these to be non functional and can restore the whole lot if I know what's not working.
I added the spoiler tag back in
Test spoiler
blah
I'll add a quick reply form at some point. Further TODO's are enabling attachments and perhaps some other minor built-in features, and also customising the forum style a bit.
So enjoy and let me know of any problems, post any comments and also any feature/design requests - I won't go mad with adding stuff though as it makes upgrades trickier.
The transfer, extending the registration to 2012 and WHOIS privacy for that period came to £15 so if anyone wants to PayPal a few quids PM me.
Please let me know of any problems particularly broken images/avatars/smilies as I expect some of these to be non functional and can restore the whole lot if I know what's not working.
I added the spoiler tag back in
Test spoiler
blah
I'll add a quick reply form at some point. Further TODO's are enabling attachments and perhaps some other minor built-in features, and also customising the forum style a bit.
So enjoy and let me know of any problems, post any comments and also any feature/design requests - I won't go mad with adding stuff though as it makes upgrades trickier.
The transfer, extending the registration to 2012 and WHOIS privacy for that period came to £15 so if anyone wants to PayPal a few quids PM me.
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Hey Lourdes,
cool, thanks! How much money have you collected from BnB-members so far?
The forum looks nice. The spoiler tag is a bit revealing, though, but it's ok.
cool, thanks! How much money have you collected from BnB-members so far?
The forum looks nice. The spoiler tag is a bit revealing, though, but it's ok.
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Edit function is missing
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Wohooo, please keep it this way. Certain persons tend to edit their posts claiming they never wrote what was in them before.HungFist wrote:Edit function is missing
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
None.thelostdragon wrote:Hey Lourdes,
cool, thanks! How much money have you collected from BnB-members so far?
The forum looks nice. The spoiler tag is a bit revealing, though, but it's ok.
Okay I changed the spoiler tag, black on black until you mouseover. Or would you prefer it if you had to highlight the text?
Fixed. Mistook a setting.HungFist wrote:Edit function is missing
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Thanks.
Old pictures are gone. All nude pics from my reviews are missing now
Old pictures are gone. All nude pics from my reviews are missing now
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Can you give me a few url's so I can see which directories I need to restore.
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
one example
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... t/SMH3.jpg
If you take a look at the jp exploit thread you can see it says "image" in a lot of places. It's because most of my pics are hosted by photobucket, but the pics with nudity I uploaded to bullets. So all the bullest pics now say "image".
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/bulletsnbabesdvd. ... &start=324
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... t/SMH3.jpg
If you take a look at the jp exploit thread you can see it says "image" in a lot of places. It's because most of my pics are hosted by photobucket, but the pics with nudity I uploaded to bullets. So all the bullest pics now say "image".
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/bulletsnbabesdvd. ... &start=324
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
All images restored, just needed to know the path they were located at.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Cool work Lourdes.
How come it was done? Any major reason? I'm just wondering, is all. I see the "Announcements" forum has gone, not that it served much purpose.
Is it possible for Contact Details for the Mods/You be posted somehow. Gasteropod got locked out and had to contact me, luckily I happened to check my e-mail despite being on holiday. The same has happened when Romero got locked out once too.
How come it was done? Any major reason? I'm just wondering, is all. I see the "Announcements" forum has gone, not that it served much purpose.
Is it possible for Contact Details for the Mods/You be posted somehow. Gasteropod got locked out and had to contact me, luckily I happened to check my e-mail despite being on holiday. The same has happened when Romero got locked out once too.
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Woohoo, thanks.Lourdes wrote:All images restored, just needed to know the path they were located at.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Haha, thank God for you good sir, I was distraught!bradavon wrote:Gasteropod got locked out and had to contact me, luckily I happened to check my e-mail despite being on holiday.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Anyone else having to log in each time they visit the site?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Not me. You've done the usual right?
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
What do you mean by locked out?bradavon wrote:Cool work Lourdes.
How come it was done? Any major reason? I'm just wondering, is all. I see the "Announcements" forum has gone, not that it served much purpose.
Is it possible for Contact Details for the Mods/You be posted somehow. Gasteropod got locked out and had to contact me, luckily I happened to check my e-mail despite being on holiday. The same has happened when Romero got locked out once too.
Still on the bulletsnbabesdvd.com address? That would be the reason, unless it's the other way around.Shingster wrote:Anyone else having to log in each time they visit the site?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
It's probably best for Gas to explain but when you change your e-mail address for example and don't get the verification e-mail. Currently there's no contact details posted, in case members need them.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Would some of you mind doing the forgotten password thing to see if you get emails or not. I don't quite understand though since he's here now.
forums@bulletsnbabesdvd.com I'll add it somewhere.
forums@bulletsnbabesdvd.com I'll add it somewhere.
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
I also have to log in every time. Sometimes I even get logged out when opening a new tab in firefox (several bullets pages open at the same time, and then when I open one more tab I find myself logged out on that page. Refresh page does not help).
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Normal unless you're using bulletsnbabesdvd.com and you're having problems with that. Cookies are set for the proper domain so when you login under bulletsnbabesdvd.com it gives you a session but won't remember you properly.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Yeah as Brad says, I changed my e-mail address and the site said that because I'd changed vital information, I'd be signed out of my account. The only thing is, I never received a confirmation e-mail or anything, like when you have to click on a link to prove that it's your e-mail account, so I just couldn't log in to BnB at all haha.Lourdes wrote:What do you mean by locked out?
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
The login problem mentioned by Shingster and Hung does not occur to me.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
I was still on the bulletsnbabesdvd address and have sorted it now, thanks!Lourdes wrote:Still on the bulletsnbabesdvd.com address? That would be the reason, unless it's the other way around.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Did you eventually get the email?gasteropod wrote:Yeah as Brad says, I changed my e-mail address and the site said that because I'd changed vital information, I'd be signed out of my account. The only thing is, I never received a confirmation e-mail or anything, like when you have to click on a link to prove that it's your e-mail account, so I just couldn't log in to BnB at all haha.Lourdes wrote:What do you mean by locked out?
I've done some test signups and forgotten password requests and got each mail.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Nope, still no e-mail in either e-mail account (not even junk folder).
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: The New Forum (Errors/Comments/etc)
Could you try doing it again (you can just ignore the email if you receive it).
