Malware detected apparently

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Malware detected apparently

Post by gasteropod »

I keep getting this coming up today when I'm browsing this forum:

Image

Anyone know anything about this? Is it to do with someone's signature?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: Malware detected apparently

Post by bradavon »

Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer? Latest versions I presume?

That looks like Firefox's or IE's Anti-Phising. Presuming you have the latest version. I'm unsure why that's appearing. You could delete cookies/cache, just in case an old locally stored file is being referenced. I definitely don't get it.

Does Avast have Anti-Phising? Do you have any other Anti-Malware (AntiVirus/AntiSpyware) software installed? How come btw did you go from Chrome to Firefox? I thought you liked Chrome.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: Malware detected apparently

Post by gasteropod »

It is Chrome lol, and it's picking something up on certain threads of this site which is why I wonder if it's someone's signature.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: Malware detected apparently

Post by bradavon »

Does it appear in Firefox because it uses Google for it's Phising engine too or at least it used to. Why do you use Chrome and Firefox btw?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: Malware detected apparently

Post by gasteropod »

I don't use Firefox!!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: Malware detected apparently

Post by bradavon »

Oops, wrong member :D -

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... =20&t=5287

As said, have you:

1. Made sure it's the latest version.
2. Deleted Cookies/Cache
3. Does Avast or other software installed have Anti-Phising?
4. Does the error appear in IE? That won't be conclusive as IE uses it's engine from MS but it's still worth a shot.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: Malware detected apparently

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Oops, wrong member :D
Then put it away and stop playing with it! :o
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Re: Malware detected apparently

Post by Lourdes »

Appears to be Shen's sig, I edited it out.

Do PM me with any problems as I can take care of them right away, I rarely visit the site.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: Malware detected apparently

Post by gasteropod »

Cheers man :)