Is it possible to recover data erased from a DVD-RAM disc?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Is it possible to recover data erased from a DVD-RAM disc?

Post by IronMonkey »

Does anyone know of any utilities that can recover data from a DVD-RAM disc that has been accidentally erased?

I was working with Nero tonight and accidentally selected the wrong drive to erase and "quick erased" all my important backup files.

I gather that when a disc is "quick erased", only the file tables containing file headers are wiped, and the actual data still remains on the disc, whereas when "full erase" is used, the actual content is wiped too.

Does this mean I have a chance of recovering the data? I really hope some of you can help me...

And I know all about backing up data and keeping it safe, I just made a simple mistake and didn't realise the disc was even in the drive...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: Is it possible to recover data erased from a DVD-RAM disc?

Post by bradavon »

IronMonkey wrote:I gather that when a disc is "quick erased", only the file tables containing file headers are wiped, and the actual data still remains on the disc, whereas when "full erase" is used, the actual content is wiped too.
Yes that's true.

I doubt it tbh but try Google and the AVForums.com.