Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion
Elsewhere
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 07 Aug 2005, 08:37
I'm almost annoyed.
Yesterday I completed Paper Mario 2 for the first time by beating the final boss (The Shadow Queen) by the skin of my teeth - God knows how.
Anyway, as I'm moving through the long cut scene/endings, I'm told we have to go out (a taxi had arrived to take us out). :x :shock:
It wasnt saved and I had to switch the game off
So now I have to do this ALL OVER AGAIN.
:crybaby:
Has anyone got the game? IMO undoubtedly a superb game, with some real chucklesome moments in the script.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059 Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City
Post
by thelostdragon » 07 Aug 2005, 10:42
Yeah. it's a really funny game, especially the dialogues between the characters.
Haven't finished it yet, though.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 07 Aug 2005, 10:45
I have to ask why didn't you save it?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 07 Aug 2005, 11:26
There wasn't time, and you can only save when prompted or when you hit one of those save block things.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 07 Aug 2005, 11:48
Ah the limitations of consoles!
How long did you go out for? I'd have paused the game if it wasn't to long.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 07 Aug 2005, 12:21
It was from 7pm til past midnight as we were at a party.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 08 Aug 2005, 16:02
Completed it and saved it properly
Now onto the pit of 100 Trials bit...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 09 Aug 2005, 09:56
I'm kinda sad its' over
Gombella's and Vivian's goodbye speeches (Mario.. erm... I think I lo.. uh, I've got something in my eye") are brilliant
LD how far are you into the game?
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950 Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
Post
by IronMonkey » 09 Aug 2005, 12:40
bradavon wrote: Ah the limitations of consoles!
How long did you go out for? I'd have paused the game if it wasn't to long.
Apart from the
XBox ! You can save at any time in loads of games on that system, not just at checkpoints!
I've got
Doom 3 and
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory to name just a couple that you can quick save on.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 11 Aug 2005, 10:41
Yeah but thats only because the X-Box has a HD
Though the 'Cube uses mini dscs on some games you can only save when prompted. (Viewtiful Joe, Paper Mario).