Idea for "What have you just seen"-thread...
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Idea for "What have you just seen"-thread...
Don't you guys think that the one thread for all the films we have watched has become very unclear. I mean it is quite complex to browse through it in order to find a certain review if you aren't using the search engine.
How about we have one "What have you just seen"-thread in every single subforum?
- What Asian Film Have You Just Seen?
- What "General" Film Have You Just Seen?
- What Have you Just Seen At The Cinema?
How about we have one "What have you just seen"-thread in every single subforum?
- What Asian Film Have You Just Seen?
- What "General" Film Have You Just Seen?
- What Have you Just Seen At The Cinema?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I've thought it is unclear for months but when it was last suggested we start a new one it was a definite NO!
One thread is fine if you keep up with it but like you say it's a nightmare to find old reviews. I often ask about films to find someone has already written a review weeks ago. As it's so long it's also difficult trying to order by Post instead of Thread when you do Search too.
It's a good idea but I can just see most members continuing to use the same thread and ignoring the new ones, that's just my take on it anyway.
One thread is fine if you keep up with it but like you say it's a nightmare to find old reviews. I often ask about films to find someone has already written a review weeks ago. As it's so long it's also difficult trying to order by Post instead of Thread when you do Search too.
It's a good idea but I can just see most members continuing to use the same thread and ignoring the new ones, that's just my take on it anyway.
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Are you saying I can actually use my moderating powers? I best let Tom lock it 
Bullets Gold has gone. In reality it didn't have much benefit so the threads got mostly moved back into Anything Goes.
I took the No to mean members didn't want "change" but I could be wrong on that one. I'm happy to go with what most members want to be honest. Leave it as it is or change it, whichever people are happiest to do.
Bullets Gold has gone. In reality it didn't have much benefit so the threads got mostly moved back into Anything Goes.
I took the No to mean members didn't want "change" but I could be wrong on that one. I'm happy to go with what most members want to be honest. Leave it as it is or change it, whichever people are happiest to do.
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Separating the asian reviews from the general and cinema ones wouldn't be a bad idea IMO.
Things to do:
-Lock the "What have you seen" thread and leave it as a sticky for a few months.
-Create 3 new threads (one for asian films, one for general films, one for cinema).
Is anybody opposed to this idea?
If you are, please speak up.
@Brad:
The "no" was about locking the thread and replacing it with a new (identical) one (What have you seen v2.0). That would have been a useless move.
Things to do:
-Lock the "What have you seen" thread and leave it as a sticky for a few months.
-Create 3 new threads (one for asian films, one for general films, one for cinema).
Is anybody opposed to this idea?
If you are, please speak up.
@Brad:
The "no" was about locking the thread and replacing it with a new (identical) one (What have you seen v2.0). That would have been a useless move.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
How would seperate threads make a difference? You'd have three seperate messes and to find the review you wanted you'd have to use exactly the same method (search the reviews forum with results as posts).
No difference except having to read through and post in multiple threads, and have two more stickies taking up room, aka even more of a mess...
No difference except having to read through and post in multiple threads, and have two more stickies taking up room, aka even more of a mess...
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Okay here is what I think:
Personally I am opposed to "too many" sickies. That said there aren't many stickies in Asian, General or Cinema so it should be fine.
While I think one thread is better in reality due to the nature of the search engine and the fact the one thread grows so large it makes it a nightmare to find anything. So in short I think separate threads would be a good idea. I tend to post in the Reviews thread and the "Film" thread anyway as I at least then know I can later find it.
It shouldn't be too hard to find what you want. I'm not sure a Cinema thread is such a good idea as that's too general, especially as when it's long out of the cinema the review will then be annoying to find, and in the wrong place.
Maybe just an Asian and General sticky. I'll let Tom do this one
Maybe we should let this one run for a few days more and go with the consensus.
Personally I am opposed to "too many" sickies. That said there aren't many stickies in Asian, General or Cinema so it should be fine.
While I think one thread is better in reality due to the nature of the search engine and the fact the one thread grows so large it makes it a nightmare to find anything. So in short I think separate threads would be a good idea. I tend to post in the Reviews thread and the "Film" thread anyway as I at least then know I can later find it.
It shouldn't be too hard to find what you want. I'm not sure a Cinema thread is such a good idea as that's too general, especially as when it's long out of the cinema the review will then be annoying to find, and in the wrong place.
Maybe just an Asian and General sticky. I'll let Tom do this one
Maybe we should let this one run for a few days more and go with the consensus.
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Separatists:
-Brad.
-LostDragon.
Conservatives:
-HungFist.
-Lourdes.
Democrats (lazy arseholes who don't give a shit):
-Tom2681.
That's not enough for a fair election.
Give me a couple more votes, please.
(for those who vote for the democrats, I can secretly increase your point score on the DVD Mystère scoreboard)
-Brad.
-LostDragon.
Conservatives:
-HungFist.
-Lourdes.
Democrats (lazy arseholes who don't give a shit):
-Tom2681.
That's not enough for a fair election.
Give me a couple more votes, please.
(for those who vote for the democrats, I can secretly increase your point score on the DVD Mystère scoreboard)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
So wait, you want a seperate thread in each forum?bradavon wrote:Okay here is what I think:
Personally I am opposed to "too many" sickies. That said there aren't many stickies in Asian, General or Cinema so it should be fine.
While I think one thread is better in reality due to the nature of the search engine and the fact the one thread grows so large it makes it a nightmare to find anything. So in short I think separate threads would be a good idea. I tend to post in the Reviews thread and the "Film" thread anyway as I at least then know I can later find it.
It shouldn't be too hard to find what you want. I'm not sure a Cinema thread is such a good idea as that's too general, especially as when it's long out of the cinema the review will then be annoying to find, and in the wrong place.
Maybe just an Asian and General sticky. I'll let Tom do this one
Maybe we should let this one run for a few days more and go with the consensus.
And it would still make no difference to navigability.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Since most people don't seem to care, I've gone and done it.
The "What have you seen" thread has been locked.
There are now two threads.
One for asian cinema, one for non-asian cinema.
This should make no difference to the search procedure (asian film: search in the review/comparison subforum; non-asian film: search in the general film subforum).
I've decided to leave the asian one in the "reviews/comparisons" subforum because we're used to seeing it there.
I've also removed the "How to make a comparison" thread to make some room. It can still be found through the comparisons database.
It might take a bit of getting used to, but it makes perfect sense to have two separate threads (IMO).
P.S: Don't worry, I won't change anything else.
The "What have you seen" thread has been locked.
There are now two threads.
One for asian cinema, one for non-asian cinema.
This should make no difference to the search procedure (asian film: search in the review/comparison subforum; non-asian film: search in the general film subforum).
I've decided to leave the asian one in the "reviews/comparisons" subforum because we're used to seeing it there.
I've also removed the "How to make a comparison" thread to make some room. It can still be found through the comparisons database.
It might take a bit of getting used to, but it makes perfect sense to have two separate threads (IMO).
P.S: Don't worry, I won't change anything else.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
RE: The general cinema review thread.
Wouldn't it make more sense to also have it the "Reviews and Comparisons" sub-forum? To single it out just because deals with non-Asian films makes no sense. Going by that logic, you'd then be obligated to move all of the non-Asian comparisons to the General film sub-forum as well.
Wouldn't it make more sense to also have it the "Reviews and Comparisons" sub-forum? To single it out just because deals with non-Asian films makes no sense. Going by that logic, you'd then be obligated to move all of the non-Asian comparisons to the General film sub-forum as well.
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Oh come on, you know that I meant the General film review thread. That was the subject line of the post contents that proceeded it.bradavon wrote:I thought we agreed we weren't having a cinema one, no? Personally I think due to the nature of how Films in the Cinema are only there a short period of time it would be confusing to have one too.EvaUnit02 wrote:RE: The general cinema review thread.
