I've had enough of Brad!

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I'm done with this discussion I've tried to be nice but select members are just being tossers because it suites their petty little game they've got themselves in:

1. I've done no moderation lately
2. Have walked on egg shells to appease people

Show me one example where I have out of the blue been rude or insensitive since things calmed down the other day? What more do you want?

Sorry guys but you're now asking too much. Select members are now just being petty and childish and won't drop it until I leave or only say what has been prescribed for me to say, tough I'm not going anywhere.

I thought we'd all sorted it out earlier this week. Honestly what is so fucking incentive this time?

You're all acting like a pack of wolfs set on getting me until I leave, it's not pretty. I do absolutely nothing yet am still at fault for just breathing. I've already said more than I should have. I'm going to go on as I said I would the other day and pretend there is no problem, hopefully then things will calm down.

Either leave or live with it!
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
HungFist wrote:Simple solution: don't get angry. I don't know what Brad has said to you, but isn't internet all about disagreeing?
Absolutely nothing! All I can presume is this:

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... 5&start=40

Which both LD and Yi-long for their own benefit have completely ignored I was far from the only member who disagreed.

Seriously are my comments that out of the ordinary to threat leaving? We've all had as bad thrown at us at times. LD is being completely hypocritical, check out his reply to me which warranted what I said.
Well... I for one didnt ignore your post for my own benefit, but simply because you are a complete dumbass for seriously asking to tell you what the differences between men and women are...
Apparently, accroding to you, there ARE no differences AT ALL between men and women, or you just want me to state them all (scientifically proven btw), just so you can have a huge discussion about that, which I'm not interested in. Either way, it;s this kind of attitude in your posts, your online behaviour, as well as what you said about LD's post, which was just yet again a prime example of you either not understanding what he wrote, or intentionally misunderstanding what he wrote in order to start a huge discussion once again, that's getting really fucking offensive and annoying.

Now, know this post I just written is over 10 lines long, so I doubt you'll be able to comprehend it and you will act all innocent and 'oooh how is it my fault? I dont understand' at all, and that's part of the problem
You often misread stuff, then start shit, then blame others for the huge discussion that follows.
It's pretty tiresome, and seeing how you are using that kinda crap in order for insulting and/or labeling LD, or other members, it's just offensive and irritating.

Instead of walking on eggshells, you should maybe try to refrain from replying to every goddamn post on the forum, and maybe take a few minutes to actually read and try tio understand the ones you are interested in replying to. It could maybe prevent a lot of irritation.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

@Yi:
I think you've hit the nail right on the head there.
That's exactly what I've just told Brad in a PM.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

tom2681 wrote:@Yi:
I think you've hit the nail right on the head there.
That's exactly what I've just told Brad in a PM.
Ofcourse. Arent I always right!? I think I am! :P
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

clearly this thread is gonna cause an international incident what with german/dutch/french/american falling out with the english :P can't we just all call a truce and try again? it's much more fun when we all get along....
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

saltysam wrote:clearly this thread is gonna cause an international incident what with german/dutch/french/american falling out with the english :P can't we just all call a truce and try again? it's much more fun when we all get along....
Where's the fun in that!?(!)

:P
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

What I don't is why people are getting especially irritated with Brad now? I'd had enought of him 3 years ago!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:Well... I for one didnt ignore your post for my own benefit, but simply because you are a complete dumbass for seriously asking to tell you what the differences between men and women are...
Lets presume for a second you're right, how does that personally effect you anyway?

Maybe you should leave too.

Then the majority of members who don't give a shit/have a problem with me can go back to being normal again and getting back on topic talking about films. I don't want you to leave but I'm damned if I'm changing who I am for someone I've never even met. I've agreed to moderate less but otherwise you're simply asking too much.

Seriously Salty has a point, is all this agro really worth it? We spend more time ranting and arguing with each other than talking about films any more.

Right I've definitely said more than enough. I'm done with this discussion, for good!
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Well... I for one didnt ignore your post for my own benefit, but simply because you are a complete dumbass for seriously asking to tell you what the differences between men and women are...
Lets presume for a second you're right, how does that personally effect you anyway?
You asking clearly dumb questions just to further the argument, is just fucking annoying. That's how it affects me personally: it irritates me, and a bunch of other users.
Maybe you should leave too.
Just because you fucking annoy me at times, not always, doesnt mean I will leave. I like pretty much everyone else here, plus I'm in love with Grim and plan on having his babies one day, so I'm staying right here. Bitching and moaning each and every day.
Then the majority of members who don't give a shit/have a problem with me can go back to being normal again and getting back on topic talking about films. I don't want you to leave but I'm damned if I'm changing who I am for someone I've never even met. I've agreed to moderate less but otherwise you're simply asking too much.
Yeah, gawd forbid that you would change into a person that actually reads AND understands other people's posts, stops pissing everyone off with dumbass questions just to continue or instigate an argument, and who doesnt post in each and every thread (apart from Grim's highly popular commercial thread) there is on the board(!)
Seriously Salty has a point, is all this agro really worth it? We spend more time ranting and arguing with each other than talking about films any more.
You do realize that you're usually the cause, or at least part of, most of the arguments on this board, dont you!? I bet you dont.
Right I've definitely said more than enough. I'm done with this discussion, for good!
Aww... so you'll probably edit your posts, delete mine, move the thread around the board for a while, split it up, and then close it... right!?
Sounds fair...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

People seem to be forgetting that closed threads can be re-opened, moved posts can be moved back to their original threads etc. You guys are acting as Brad did something that can never be undone. I haven't seen people discussing much about his decisions like adults recently. Again, since I rarely read non-movie related topics on this board, I may not know what I'm talking about, but I haven't seen Brad saying his decision is the absolute final decision. Why don't you try to discuss and decide together? Who knows, it might even work.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Hung is spot on.

Eva recently politely PMed me asking I reverse some moderator actions he didn't like and everything he asked for has been done.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I've spent some time working on this post, so don't read it if you don't give a shit about anything that's going on here. :D

If you want the short version, here it is:
I can't stand Brad anymore, so I quit.

------

Dear Bulleteers, I have failed you.
*Nah, that's a bit over-the-top*

Dear friends and tossers,
*Yeah, that's more like it*

You might have noticed that important members have been leaving this board one by one (I know all members are important, but you know what I mean), and you might have noticed that I haven't done anything about it.
Of course, there have always been conflicts on BnB (that's what makes this board such a fun place), and the mods have always been there to stop the fights and solve the disputes.
But the situation has changed. Now there's a dispute between a mod and several members.

I've tried diplomacy. It didn't work.
I asked people to ignore one another. It didn't work.

People have been looking to me for answers, and all I've been able to give them was a typical arsehole-like reply ("Don't worry it'll get better", "please don't leave, I'll try talking to the other guy", etc...)

And now the damage is done.
Maybe I should have been more active, more aggressive.
The amount of moderating should be 50% Brad, 50% Tom. Now it's 99% Brad, 1% Tom.
Don't ask me how it happened, I don't understand it myself.
I can already see *insert random sarcastic BnB member's name here* saying that I'm overreacting or thinking way too much, but I don't give a fuck.

Now I don't blame Brad for acting like Brad.
Every BnB member has a dark anal/pedantic side to his personality.
Eva, Romero, Shingster, Lourdes, Grim (okay, maybe not Grim), they all have it.
I blame myself for not being able to handle it anymore.

There's "Brad the mod", who likes to split and move topics in his spare time. I like him, actually. Thanks to him, everytime you log onto Bullets, you can't recognize anything.
And then there's "Brad the BnB member". He likes to quote every single sentence you write and reply to each one, but if you do the same to him he'll delete/alter his post so yours will make no sense. A strange fellow indeed.
You can choose to ignore them both. I can't.
Have you ever seen a forum where the mods don't talk to each other?
LD has gone nuts, 68Monkey has gone nuts (has she publically admitted it yet?), Shen has gone nuts and so have I.

Yes, the quiet frenchman has snapped.
He's gone cuckoo.
An accumulation of seemingly endless Brad-related issues has sent him straight to la-la-land.

Image

No more moderating for me. I'm through.
I'm not a quitter but I'm quitting.
Tom2681 will remain here as a regular member (as long as he doesn't get banned), but he will have no more responsibilities.
I'll still keep my powers so I can update my threads (database and stuff) and kill spammers, but I will NEVER use them to act as a mod again.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

So the good mod quits because of the bad mod...
Evil has prevailed once again :(

Shouldnt the guy fucking everything up take a step back, instead of the mod who actually understands what being a mod means!?

Glad you will still be hanging around Tom, but sad to see you drop your key like that.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

* Tom's account is is still a moderator so if he wishes to return he is more than welcome. I wish I was able to have convinced Tom not to step down :(
* He has also agreed to kindly continue to delete spam accounts, which for sometime now has had to be done manually.

Shen left because of rant threads such as this, not because of me. I've not read any threads where she said she had a problem with me.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

HungFist wrote:You just gotta learn not to give a shit. Does it really matter what someone thinks or doesn't think about you. In real life it can be important, of course, but on the internet? Really, not something to stress about.
It does matter when you are being accused of something you would never want people to think about you. Brad is the master at this, you could look into LD's post as being somewhat outmoded if you really want to draw fault with it, but to call him a misogynist? It's bang out of line.

Another example that directly affected me is in "the usual bullets banter" thread where brad closed the thread off with a final comment along the lines of "you clearly set yourself up as being more intelligent than the rest of the BnB members", which is quite frankly an utterly spurious and deeply embarassing (for me) thing to say. The last thing I want people on these boards to think is that I consider myself intellectually "above" them, so a comment like that can be incredibly frustrating. Note that I use this example just in that context - an example, it's not my intention to use it as an allegation or attack.
Last edited by Shingster on 16 Mar 2008, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Only recently I've been called retarded ;)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Sorry to see you go, LD. You were a good bloke.

Also good to know that Tom won't be going anywhere.

Oh and Brad:- Try doing some volunteer work, it'll look good on your CV.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Can't we just get rid of Brad as a moderator? It will solve all problems.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Won't happen. We'll just have to accept it and live with it.
If Mordib had been here, I would have tried a Coup d'Etat. But he isn't here.
Brad wrote:Aren't members overreacting just a little? Hung puts it well in his posts actually. No you shouldn't fire me. I would never dream of firing you.
Brad wrote:I'm damned if I'm going to be thrown out to appease 3-4 members
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

bradavon wrote:I'm done with this discussion I've tried to be nice but select members are just being tossers because it suites their petty little game they've got themselves in:

You're all acting like a pack of wolfs set on getting me until I leave, it's not pretty.

Either leave or live with it!
Brad, I have never liked you and yes we have had a flashpoint or two in the past but i can co-exist with you on these boards as i learned to keep my distance from you. Your a grown adult and you should be able to do the same with the poeple you dont like.

Lets be clear, you need to take a long look in the mirror and fast, otherwise you will pass the point of no return with the majority of posters here.

Can you not see that you are more often than not, being extremely iritating? Instead of keeping your distance from those you have annoyed you have went after them and continued to disect thier posts (which you dont even read) and challenge them or thier supposed beliefs!

You have been completely out of order and clearly harbour cruel intentions against some of our long established members and as such you should not be a moderator in these forums! :roll:

Stick around but step down or pay the consequences!
Last edited by Godzooki on 16 Mar 2008, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

tom2681 wrote:Won't happen. We'll just have to accept it and live with it.
If Mordib had been here, I would have tried a Coup d'Etat.
I thought Frenchmen liked revolution?
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:clearly this thread is gonna cause an international incident what with german/dutch/french/american falling out with the english :P can't we just all call a truce and try again? it's much more fun when we all get along....
And us Scots don't count?? Grrrr....... :D
Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

Finally get to join the lynch team; Brad's posts from the jp exploitation thread have gone missing. These kind of changes are not preferrable because:

1) Because of the amount of screencaps in my reviews, I've tried to post only a certain amount of reviews per page. If there's already 60 caps + 25 other pics on a page, I'll take a break from reviewing and wait till we're on the next page, then I post the next review batch. Now, if old posts go missing from the thread, it's gonna draw posts from later pages to earlier pages, and as a result some pages may become especially heavy load (imagine 120 screencaps + a few dozen other pics on a single page)

2) It fucks up the links. Because the thread is (was) 16 pages long, there's a link to each of my reviews in the first post of the thread (where I have listed the movies). But because posts went missing, the numbers changed, and some of the links broke.

3) And, well, it does look a bit ridiculous when I'm having a 7 post monologue of why pinky violence is good and why you (who?) should give the genre a chance. Although - considering the nature of the thread - I doubt anyone sees anything weird about it.

Now, give me a gun so that can shoot Brad in the face.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:
And us Scots don't count?? Grrrr....... :D
i heard the scottishness is a front..you are actually welsh :lol:
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I've just realized something...
I resigned from my position exactly 2 years (to the day!) after Brad went nuts and banned the word "cunt" back on march 15th 2005.

We could be dealing with some sort of weird werewolf-like phenomenon here.
Maybe Brad goes crazy once every two years for a period of two weeks (and then calms down again).
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".