Idea for "What have you just seen"-thread...

tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

So what do you guys want?
How many of you are seriously unhappy about the separate "what have you seen" threads?

I was thinking about unstickying the old thread and letting it drown.
(Of course, both the general and asian threads will contain a link to it so it doesn't get lost).

But if a majority of bulleteers are really upset, I can always lock the new ones and unlock the old one.

Note: Although I don't post much, I do read all posts (well... maybe not all, but most of them).
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

As I said before, I dont really care either way. Seperate threads for either asian or western movies are OK by me, but I also didnt have a problem with just 1 big 'what have you just seen' thread. These are just quick-take reviews, to let the people here know what you've watched and how you liked it. Most of us are interested in all kinds of cinema...

I dont get why some people are making a huge fuss out of it. It doesnt seem worth it.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Nobody is "unhappy" or "upset" it was just a completely pointless bit of moderating proposed by TLD who is no longer here and championed by Brad who's a bit 'local shop' about having everything in specific topics and loved getting to play mod.
No one else wanted it.....

This topic would only be a page long were it not for Brad being Brad.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Yup, it's no big deal, but at the end of the day when 1 sticky thread works just as well as 3 seperate ones, common sense dictates you simply use the 1 sticky thread. Also Tom, you could also consider moving the "affiliate links" sticky to the Bargains & Suppliers forum. The only reason it's in general is because of the "what have you recieved thread", (the most vacuos thread in the history of the internet), but either way you can just put a note to affilliate links in the title of that thread.

There's just so many needless sticky threads cluttering up the forums. For instance the "forum rules" sticky that's in the Asian Film forum, when there's already one it its rightful place in the Announements forum.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

@ Tom: I think the only members who're actually bothered either way are LD and Lourdes. As LD has gone off to mope that leaves Lourdes.

Do whatever you like on this one, as far as I'm concerned.
Also Tom, you could also consider moving the "affiliate links" sticky to the Bargains & Suppliers forum.
Please don't. Bargains already has enough Stickies. I put it in Anything Goes for that reason :), but frankly it may as well be Unstickied. I seriously doubt anyone uses it and Mordib said he wasn't bothered.
Shingster wrote:For instance the "forum rules" sticky that's in the Asian Film forum, when there's already one it its rightful place in the Announements forum.
I second that. It's pretty pointless anyway when due to the nature of Bullets no member bothers to read it or if they do bother to remotely adhere to it.
Lourdes wrote:and championed by Brad who's a bit 'local shop' about having everything in specific topics and loved getting to play mod.
You'll find Tom and others thought it was a good idea too, check out page 1. You'll also see Tom has created as many specific topics over his tenure as Moderator as I ever did.

Stop picking at my comments specifically and making jabs my way. There's really no need to do it every time I post.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I'm not unhappy with the seperate ones, just saying I had no problem with the 1 sticky thread :)
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Once I've read (or written) a review I never go back to it.

If it starts a wee discussion that's fine, otherwise...

I mean, does anyone really care what any of 'us' thinks? :D
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

More than one thread is purely redundant. I vote to lock the fuckers.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

@Shing:
I'll see what I can do about reducing the number of stickies.
I'm sure that a couple of them are redundant and therefore useless.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".