Does Bullets need another mod?
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Does Bullets need another mod?
It's been about a month since I've taken over, and now that the dust has settled it's time to ask an important question.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I voted for:
"Yes, Bullets needs two mods to work properly"
You always need two opinions to give a fairer outcome, not that Tom isn't doing a good job.
Who was the third person who voted for? -
"No, Bullets is/will be fine"
It's a bit unfair to vote but then not show your face.
"Yes, Bullets needs two mods to work properly"
You always need two opinions to give a fairer outcome, not that Tom isn't doing a good job.
Who was the third person who voted for? -
"No, Bullets is/will be fine"
It's a bit unfair to vote but then not show your face.
No fucking way. PM Mordib and let him sort it out. Bar the odd glitch, the forum runs itself anyway. It's not needed.But have Lourdes as a back up to sort out technical issues, ie when the PHP script is being a cunt.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22165
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Those spammer sign on, but cant post untill someone gives them clearance, right!?
So why bother removing them? Just dont authorize them so they cant post, and just hold a nice cleaning session once every 3 months orso...
Instead of each time removing them individually.
I dont know why they even bother trying to spam this site anyway...
Kinda mute.
So why bother removing them? Just dont authorize them so they cant post, and just hold a nice cleaning session once every 3 months orso...
Instead of each time removing them individually.
I dont know why they even bother trying to spam this site anyway...
Kinda mute.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
When someone registers they cannot post until Tom manually checks the account to see if it's fake. The problem is when he's not around they start to build up and even when he is around they start to build up.
Sure this is for fine the spammers but it also inflicts genuine new members, it could be days/weeks before they can post. That's pretty off putting for new members.
It's not an matter of not removing spammers but legitimate members cannot also post until Tom allows them in.
I think it's assumed we now have some type of spam filter, when in fact it was decided sometime ago to stop spammers the mods would block ALL new members from posting, until they're manually checked. It's not a spam filter at all.
Sure this is for fine the spammers but it also inflicts genuine new members, it could be days/weeks before they can post. That's pretty off putting for new members.
It's not an matter of not removing spammers but legitimate members cannot also post until Tom allows them in.
I think it's assumed we now have some type of spam filter, when in fact it was decided sometime ago to stop spammers the mods would block ALL new members from posting, until they're manually checked. It's not a spam filter at all.
That's the million dollar question, we'd put to all spammers.I dont know why they even bother trying to spam this site anyway...
Last edited by bradavon on 17 Apr 2008, 00:08, edited 2 times in total.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
He does, actually. I check for new legit members every time I check my mail.
Clueless_Monkey's account was activated way less than 24 hours after he signed up.
I agree that it's not the best solution, but it's the only one that works at the moment.
As for the "other mod" vote, the results are quite clear IMO.
No need to change anything for the time being.
Clueless_Monkey's account was activated way less than 24 hours after he signed up.
I agree that it's not the best solution, but it's the only one that works at the moment.
As for the "other mod" vote, the results are quite clear IMO.
No need to change anything for the time being.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Fair enough. You must get stacks of Spam from Bullets. I used to get hundreds each day.tom2681 wrote:He does, actually. I check for new legit members every time I check my mail.
Clueless_Monkey's account was activated way less than 24 hours after he signed up.
Hmmm. Fair enoughtom2681 wrote:As for the "other mod" vote, the results are quite clear IMO.
No need to change anything for the time being.
Subject closed, for now.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... 865#110865bradavon wrote:That sounds good.
Some method to track posts would be handy. Over at AV Forums each post has a post link, so you can easily point people to the relevant post. That would be handy.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30