The General HD Releases Thread!
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
I think you will find I was one of the first people to say it was coming on here and other forums, the Warner Brother HD DVD Online survey said so a long time ago, well before Bill Chunt even opened his anus.EvaUnit02 wrote:
Early US Matrix specs - HD remaster of Animatrix confirmed
(Bill Hunt's rumour was right all along, eat your hat Romero.)
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22166
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Thanks Eva, looks like I'll get Ghostbusters 1 and 2.EvaUnit02 wrote:Young Frankenstein specs
Early US Matrix specs - HD remaster of Animatrix confirmed
(Bill Hunt's rumour was right all along, eat your hat Romero.)
Early plans for Ghostbusters 1 & 2.
Funny Games remake UK home distribution rights rescued from oblivion - BD reannounced.
I hope they release The Matrix movies seperately on BD so I dont have to buy the poor sequels.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Taxi Driver in 2009:
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/1952
I bet it won't have the Stereo/Mono
.
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/1952
I bet it won't have the Stereo/Mono
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Optimum:- Final specs for the UK releases of They Live, Evil Dead 2 and NotLD.
Also they've announced Army of Darkness, would be interesting to see which cut they'll be using. The Universal HD-DVD had the TC.
All region-encoded bar Basic Instinct.
Bah, this region-encoding shit is pissing me off, you can't even get by with just a Region A player any more.
Fox US announces Carrie for Oct 7th.
Terrifically made film, but I'm happy with the R1 DVD.
Eastern Promises - full specs:- Looks like it maybe a new encode too. Oct 14th.
Planet of the Apes boxset - Nov 4th.
Also they've announced Army of Darkness, would be interesting to see which cut they'll be using. The Universal HD-DVD had the TC.
All region-encoded bar Basic Instinct.
Bah, this region-encoding shit is pissing me off, you can't even get by with just a Region A player any more.
Fox US announces Carrie for Oct 7th.
Terrifically made film, but I'm happy with the R1 DVD.
Eastern Promises - full specs:- Looks like it maybe a new encode too. Oct 14th.
Planet of the Apes boxset - Nov 4th.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Ah good point. I forgot about Wolf Creek. I didn't know about Cliffhanger.
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=4705
They're pricey though. I'm surprised no one has managed to release the PS3 in Region Switchable form.
There are now several Multiregion offerings:EvaUnit02 wrote:Bah, this region-encoding shit is pissing me off, you can't even get by with just a Region A player any more.
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=4705
They're pricey though. I'm surprised no one has managed to release the PS3 in Region Switchable form.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Brad, Blu-ray is Sony's format, and they chose not to have it region-free as standard (unsurprisingly), so just because they release certain films region-free doesn't mean that they want people watching any disc from around the world. They made the PS3 region-coded, and their standalone Blu-ray players region-coded. Sony is infamous for being a control-freak of a corporation, and with the PSP they constantly update its firmware to stop people using emulators and whatnot.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Sony can combat hardware-based region hacks with firmware updates.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Sony can combat hardware-based region hacks with firmware updates.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
True except one of the BD MR Players is a Sony model. I guess it must be harder to hack though, seeing as it's the most popular BD Player out there.
I bet they could too but historically hardware hacks tend to be more solid.gasteropod wrote:Yeah I'm pretty sure Sony can combat hardware-based region hacks with firmware updates.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27