Do we need a new Mod?
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Do we need a new Mod?
With Tom stepping down as an active mod and one or two recent threads descending into back and forth bickering, is it time we got ourselves a new mod?
If the answer is yes, does anyone want to volunteer for the position? If not then I guess i'm willing to step up, or do we feel there's no need for any moderation at all on these boards?
If the answer is yes, does anyone want to volunteer for the position? If not then I guess i'm willing to step up, or do we feel there's no need for any moderation at all on these boards?
-
luckystars
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1893
- Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
luckystars
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1893
- Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
So what if 1 or 2 threads descends in some very short bickering!? It usually solves itself.
As I often said, we only need a mod for the occasional spam and for the new accounts. Apart from that, unless things get REALLY out of control (which hardly ever happens, like only once a year orso), and even then I'm all for just letting it roll and enjoy the action
I dont really mind the occasional bitchfight.
So whoever becomes a mod, I hope that person will do as good a job as Tom did (most of the time, cause I still havent forgiven him for deleting the thread where Brad went nuts as hell...)
Seriously, Tom has been a perfect mod, and that's the way the board should be moderated. Very hands-off.
As I often said, we only need a mod for the occasional spam and for the new accounts. Apart from that, unless things get REALLY out of control (which hardly ever happens, like only once a year orso), and even then I'm all for just letting it roll and enjoy the action
I dont really mind the occasional bitchfight.
So whoever becomes a mod, I hope that person will do as good a job as Tom did (most of the time, cause I still havent forgiven him for deleting the thread where Brad went nuts as hell...)
Seriously, Tom has been a perfect mod, and that's the way the board should be moderated. Very hands-off.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
There are plenty of members suitable to being a mod, just because you were woeful in the role doesn't mean everyone else is incompetent too. I actually used to be a mod on the old BnB for instance and Knetan is a mod on the DragonsdenUK forums.bradavon wrote:Do we need a mod? = Yes
Is anyone except Tom or Hung suitable? = No
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Most would be, IMO.Shingster wrote:There are plenty of members suitable to being a mod, just because you were woeful in the role doesn't mean everyone else is incompetent too.
Which one? Do you have to do much?saltysam wrote:on another forum i'm an administrator and that one has nearly 600 registered usersit's a chore more than anything,don't envy whoever takes it on here
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
@Brad: Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not really a mod anymore.
I'll keep checking new accounts and answering PMs for as long as I need to, but I have no time for anything else.
So yes, I believe we need a new mod.
And yes, I believe we have several capable people on this board.
I'll leave it up to you folks to decide who's best.
Then I'll give him the keys and let you deal with him.
I'll keep checking new accounts and answering PMs for as long as I need to, but I have no time for anything else.
So yes, I believe we need a new mod.
And yes, I believe we have several capable people on this board.
I'll leave it up to you folks to decide who's best.
Then I'll give him the keys and let you deal with him.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Can't speak for tom, but off the top of my head these members could perform the duties of Mod no problems.bradavon wrote:Who in your opinion?
Knetan
HungFist
Yi-Long
Markgway
Gasteropod
Saltysam
68Monkey
Chen Lung
Ivan Drago
Luckystars
Degeneration
Brooce-leroy
Obviously this isn't a list of nominations though, as I'm sure most, if not all are completely uninterested in the position.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Fair point on some but many of them barely visit any more. There's no point being a mod if you're never here.
Out of that lot I'd second you with:
Gasteropod
Degeneration
Hungfist - But he's already said he's not interested.
Yi-Long no way, Markgway no way, Ivan Drago no way. Salty maybe. All IMO. I'm shocked you reckon Yi, Mark and Ivan would be suitable. All have shown they'd be completely unsuitable at times (as I was at times).
Many of the rest you cannot really say as they barely post. 68 Monkey would be fine but again she barely posts, same goes for Chen Lung.
Out of that lot I'd second you with:
Gasteropod
Degeneration
Hungfist - But he's already said he's not interested.
Yi-Long no way, Markgway no way, Ivan Drago no way. Salty maybe. All IMO. I'm shocked you reckon Yi, Mark and Ivan would be suitable. All have shown they'd be completely unsuitable at times (as I was at times).
Many of the rest you cannot really say as they barely post. 68 Monkey would be fine but again she barely posts, same goes for Chen Lung.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
They'd all do a far, far better job than you did.bradavon wrote:Yi-Long no way, Markgway no way, Ivan Drago no way. Salty maybe. All IMO. I'm shocked you reckon Yi, Mark and Ivan would be suitable. All have shown they'd be completely unsuitable at times (as I was at times).
No offence Brad, but your stint as mod as already proven that you have absolutely no clue how to run a forum, and in particular this place. Plus, no one here really puts any stock whatsoever in your opinions, so I doubt your comments will hold any weight on this process.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I beg to differ but either way that doesn't mean they'd be suitable.Shingster wrote:They'd all do a far, far better job than you did.
None taken.Shingster wrote:No offence Brad
Some do, some don't.Shingster wrote:Plus, no one here really puts any stock whatsoever in your opinions, so I doubt your comments will hold any weight on this process.
All members hold weight when it comes to who the moderator or at least they should. Besides no one else, it seems is too bothered. Yi, Ivan and Mark have all thrown tantrums as big as mine (no not just at me), meaning they're unsuitable. Agreed many on your list would be ideal though.
Tigercage would be unsuitable too.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
This thread should be renamed:
Can I be mod?

I don't think anyone has an opinion either way. Why are you so bothered though? Do you have anything that you think needs moderating in particular? I'm just wondering.
As dumb as it sounds it maybe an idea to start a thread in the Asian forum. I suspect some haven't replied as they cannot be bothered to look in this thread. I think you'd probably be okay (although concerning) but it's hard to say go ahead when so few are even bothering to comment.
Can I be mod?
I don't think anyone has an opinion either way. Why are you so bothered though? Do you have anything that you think needs moderating in particular? I'm just wondering.
As dumb as it sounds it maybe an idea to start a thread in the Asian forum. I suspect some haven't replied as they cannot be bothered to look in this thread. I think you'd probably be okay (although concerning) but it's hard to say go ahead when so few are even bothering to comment.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan

