Do we need a new Mod?

romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Bottom feeding underlings.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

bradavon wrote:This thread should be renamed:

Can I be mod?
Don't be ridiculous Brad, nobody on here really wants to be Mod, and why would they? Everytime a Mod steps down and we start a thread like this it's always met with the same old indifference! No forum runs itself all the time, Mordib (and to a lesser extent) Tom are not nearly active enough to handle the (very) minor running that this forum requires.

If no one steps up then the next time a thread becomes massively derailed, or a spammer/troll makes his way onto the place, we'll all be sitting here waiting for someone to sort it out. And what about the new membership applications, can they be activated without a mod to oversee them?

This thread was started so we could see who was willing to take on the role, no one else was and I have enough time on my hands and visit this site frequently enough that I can take on the responsibilty. So why not?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway, and we're not made of sugar and we all know eachother, so who cares!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Shingster as mod is fine by me.

And Brad - me throw a tantrum??

Why you stupid cu-- (that's enough- ed) 8)
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway
We get the bloody message, jeesh no offence but we get it!
And what about the new membership applications, can they be activated without a mod to oversee them?
I think Tom is still doing it but no they cannot, unless Admin mode is turn off again.
So why not?
Knock yourself out.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway
We get the bloody message, jeesh no offence but we get it!
Really? Cause usually it takes us about 8-10 times to explain something to you, and then you still don't get it. So are you sure!? Really?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway, and we're not made of sugar and we all know eachother, so who cares!?
My thoughts exactly.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with Yi and Gastero.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

That threads sort themselves out or I'm thick? ;)

Or both.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway, and we're not made of sugar and we all know eachother, so who cares!?
No I do agree that most forums get overly moderated in this regard, I've never understood the dreaded fear of going off-topic, but when it's a long-standing thread it can get annoying when it descends into bickering.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Shingster wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway, and we're not made of sugar and we all know eachother, so who cares!?
No I do agree that most forums get overly moderated in this regard, I've never understood the dreaded fear of going off-topic, but when it's a long-standing thread it can get annoying when it descends into bickering.
Really depends a bit on the thread. If it's a thread with a clear purpose, like bargains or whatever, yeah, it should be moderated, so you dont keep clicking on it looking for a good bargain while it's just Mark and Brad arguiing about their feet-fetish or whatever...

Some other threads, like political/social ones, usually fare pretty well with some 'bickering' going on, so I dont really mind those going 'wrong' and with people at eachother's throats :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Shingster is right.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Well... this kinda works for me. If you guys want Shingster to be mod, that's fine.
I've never really liked the guy from the moment he joined Bullets (that's why I'm glad I've never had to work with him as a co-moderator) :D

However, if you guys all agree on this and have no objection, then neither do I.

If Shingster wants to step in, I'll gladly step down and leave him in charge. :)
Any objections? If not, I'm ready to make the arrangements.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Bush wrote:Well... this kinda works for me. If you guys want Obama to be president, that's fine.
I've never really liked the guy from the moment he joined politics (that's why I'm glad I've never had to work with him as a politician) :D

However, if you guys all agree on this and have no objection, then neither do I.

If Obama wants to step in, I'll gladly step down and leave him in charge. :)
Any objections? If not, I'm ready to make the arrangements.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Me love you long time..
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yi,

:D
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

tom2681 wrote:Any objections? If not, I'm ready to make the arrangements.
I'm ready whenever you are.
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

Shingster rules. 8)
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Transfer of power in progress...
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

tom2681 wrote:Well... this kinda works for me. If you guys want Shingster to be mod, that's fine.
It's more a case of no one else wanting the job :D.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Okay, people. Shingster is now your new master.
Take good care of him for me. :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

So you no longer have Moderator powers? If so, I presume Shingster is also going to monitor the new accounts?

Good bye Tom The Mod.
Welcome Shingster The Mod.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

@Brad:
I'm just gonna stick around for a few days while Shingster gets his bearings.
Then I'll fire myself.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

My Dad's in a published book about the period, as a Mod (I think).