Is it inferior? I've not seen it.Markgway wrote:I'm hoping they offer both versions of Cop Land and not just the director's cut.
The General HD Releases Thread!
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
We should always be given the opportunity to watch the original theatrical version as standard.bradavon wrote:Is it inferior? I've not seen it.Markgway wrote:I'm hoping they offer both versions of Cop Land and not just the director's cut.
http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1741
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
I wasn't saying otherwise and just asking if you'd seen it? Thanks for the link. It's not one I'd rush to buy but do like it.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
He has responded:Shingster wrote:but if you look at the most recent posts you'll see that someone has dropped a question regarding the colour differences between the old DVD and new BD release, so you might want to bookmark this page and keep an eye out for Roger's reply.
So I gather that means the Blu-ray is betterAs to the new Blue Ray of 'O Brother...'. I was using an IP that was produced from the original DI. The way we did that film there was no digital file just an IP and negatives. It was interesting to me that, with modern digital processing techniques, we could dig out far more variation and subtleties of colour than we could originally. I always felt the original print and even more so the Video master were rather monochromatic.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Yeah, glad my memory of seeing it in the cinema holds up! 
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
You can get it off someone elseMarkgway wrote:Shame they dropped the commentary track... that's one I would've listened to.
The UK disc won't have it either.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Probably available to download somewhere... but it's just a shame it isn't ON the disc itself.romerojpg wrote:You can get it off someone elseask on the net and someone will have it. I rip all commentaries.
Transfering the file to an MP3 player and then syncing it up to the Blu Ray is too much hastle for a lazy sod like me.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Romero meant listening to it on an MP3 Player. I couldn't be bothered but it's no hassle.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Yeah as Brad rightly says I find there no need to listen to it with the film playing, vast majority of commentaries are simple to follow as an MP3 track only
well as long as you have seen the film 
I rip all my Blu Rays commentaries nowadays (takes 20 minutes, pretty quick and simple), no way I can be arsed to sit down and watch a film multiple times even if its a perfect film, you dont half get sick of the sight of it.
I rip all my Blu Rays commentaries nowadays (takes 20 minutes, pretty quick and simple), no way I can be arsed to sit down and watch a film multiple times even if its a perfect film, you dont half get sick of the sight of it.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
True. I only tend to listen to parts though. I don't need to listen to an entire commentary any more.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
I know. Isn't that what I said?bradavon wrote:Romero meant listening to it on an MP3 Player. I couldn't be bothered but it's no hassle.
I've never really thought of doing that.romerojpg wrote:Yeah as Brad rightly says I find there no need to listen to it with the film playing
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
No you didn't
. No one is talking about syncing. I don't know about BDs but DVDs it's dead simple to rip audio. "#1 DVD Audio Ripper" rips any audio track to an MP3 in a matter of clicks.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
By sync I meant listening to the ripped com track on the MP3 player at the same time as watching the picture on the BD.bradavon wrote:No you didn't. No one is talking about syncing. I don't know about BDs but DVDs it's dead simple to rip audio. "#1 DVD Audio Ripper" rips any audio track to an MP3 in a matter of clicks.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
The Expendables: Extended Version in December -
http://ultimatemovieforum.com/content.p ... ctor-s-Cut
http://ultimatemovieforum.com/content.p ... ctor-s-Cut
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Once again forced to choose between the theatrical cut and director's cut on seperate releases.
Greedy bastards.
Greedy bastards.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
can't see an extra 11 minutes making it any better than the average film it was.
working class blu-ray fan
-
luckystars
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1893
- Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
saltysam wrote:can't see an extra 11 minutes making it any better than the average film it was.
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry 


-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
I enjoyed it
But they should include both cuts in the set IMO.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
working class blu-ray fan
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Blue Velvet looks rather nice on Blu-ray: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompar ... velvet.htm
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Thanks. It does look good. When it's cheap I may upgrade. I've already got Mulholland Drive on HD-DVD but would upgrade for an SE with remastered HD.
-
luckystars
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1893
- Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Looks great! I'll wait for a domestic release though.gasteropod wrote:Blue Velvet looks rather nice on Blu-ray: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompar ... velvet.htm
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry 


-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Hey,
There's a UK version of the 3 Colours Trilogy coming:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... /ref=nosim
There's a UK version of the 3 Colours Trilogy coming:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... /ref=nosim
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Well spotted. I'm not a fan of white (I sold it, which I regret a bit now) but blue and red are excellent.
Criterion Three Colours is coming too: http://www.criterion.com/boxsets/844-three-colors
Criterion Three Colours is coming too: http://www.criterion.com/boxsets/844-three-colors
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The General HD Releases Thread!
Brazil UK Blu-ray: http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.com/con ... ember.html
I'm not keen on that artwork...
I'm not keen on that artwork...
