Show your desktop ! (56k warning)

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Are you seriously uploading at 49.9 there Tom?! Wow...
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

You dont turn it off! crikey bet your electricity bill is massive!
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

@Kurgan: :lol:

I can get it up to 67 kbytes, but that's overkill.

Image
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

My latest creation:

Image

Now you guys cannot say she doesn't look hot in those pics! I bet even Shen would give her one! :P
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I think she looks like an ugly cow, but I guess that's just me...
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Did your PC crash in between posts there Tom? If so, that's one time I am glad Windows died on its arse :)
And why upload at 67k? Isn't 13k enough? Not that I have any knowledge on these things... :wink:
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Tom: who's the cute asian chick on your desktop?
(Grim mode: is that Zhang Ziyi? I loved her in Shanghai Knights!)

I agree about the ugly cow. Just way too much make-up and a dumb outfit. Doesnt come close to a Shakira or Beyonce.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

I'll butt in here Yi: Vicky Zhao Wei, if I'm not mistaken...

And to IM, she looks alright in those pics; there are plenty floating round the aether where she looks much better.
Last edited by Kurgan on 31 May 2006, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Kurgan wrote:Did your PC crash in between posts there Tom?
Nope, I just like to switch wallpapers manually from time to time. :D
Kurgan wrote:And why upload at 67k? Isn't 13k enough?
On the ED2K network, you can download faster if you upload faster.
Bigger upload -> More credits -> Better download rate.
Yi wrote:who's the cute asian chick on your desktop?
That's Vicki Zhao Wei (So Close, Shaolin Soccer, Jade Goddess of Mercy, Warriors of Heaven and Earth, etc...)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

I won't continue this much further (contravening all sorts of rules with this conversation, I'll bet) but I will say that I tend to work at 13k and don't have much problem with the eMule download rate...

To drag this back on topic, a rather clean looking desktop I think...

Image

You may say empty, but that's a matter of opinion... :D
Image
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 04:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

Nice and simple, Kurgan. Very classy.
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Isn't that the girl from Final Fantasy 8 ?
Nice desktop BTW. :)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

3 extra points in the DVD Mystère game for anyone who can guess/knows who that picture is supposed to be of... what, I can't make up rules for the game on the fly? :wink:

Thanks Bobbi. Oh, and I've PM'd you. Still not sure 100% how this works (despite Brad's attempts to educate me).

edit: Thanks to you as well, Tom. However, you don't get the points... yet :D
Image
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

IronMonkey wrote:
Now you guys cannot say she doesn't look hot in those pics! I bet even Shen would give her one! :P

you'd bet wrong, she looks like a cheap whore...i have no time for people who think flaunting their ass in order to become famous is a good thing...pussy cat dolls and shit like that annoy the crap out of me, they arent amazingly beautiful in the first place, they just get famous my guys drooling over their lack of self respect. you see prettier girls walking down the street.

just my opinion of course...
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Shen wrote:you'd bet wrong
You could've told me that before posting it on the board; I could've made some money out of him by taking that bet (which I would've shared obviously... ;))
Image
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

lol kurgan, sorry...
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Ah well, just so long as you remember for next time. Can't miss these opportunities to make money out of our sucke- I mean, brothers here at BnB. :D
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I thought Final Fantasy 8 was a shitty game. The drawing system was shit, the Magic system (or lack thereof) sucked, "the make your own weapon upgrades" system was rubbish, the SeeD income made the game too easy and Squall was an angsty faggot. The score was cool though.

Last FF I bothered with was 10. That sucked too, they had dumbed it down so much that it wasn't funny and I hated the heavy handed pontificating about how technology was bad. The switching party members on the fly business is something they should've introduced in FF6 back in '94.

I might give Dragon Quest 8 a try sometime (made by the Enix side of SquareEnix). The Square side of the SquareEnix seem too concerned with making games for mainstream fucktards who hate even one millimetre of difficulty in their games.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Tom's pic is NOT ZZ, even I can see that ;)
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Tom, aren't you on L33cher mod?
Image
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Yeah well I like her. Stop picking faults!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Hey, IM, I'm with you on this. 8)
Image
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Thanks LD. :)
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Wouldn't be thankful for yet another competitor. :D
Image
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Hmm, that is true. Have you seen the new video yet LD? Oh. My. God! :P
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Post Reply