Locking threads...

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Aw I didnt know that some members actually take that PM route to call in a mod.
Is it the person who got insulted himself that asks you in a PM to take action, or a 3rd member who sees 1 or 2 members being insulting towards eachother or whatever, and asks you to mediate?

If I'd genuinely feel insulted in a thread, I'd ask the mod in the thread itself to take action I think. Has a less sneaky thing about it... but if I feel someone else is being insulted, I would say so to the insulting person in the thread, instead of PMing a mod about it. Maybe some people do both... I dont know.

But yeah, that puts you in a tight spot. That sucks man.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I won't give any names (I still remember what the P in PM stands for).
Let's just say that someone has PM'd me saying that someone else was provoking him again (even though it's not true), and that he would start a flame war if I didn't do something.

Don't know what to do.
I'm gonna try "doing nothing" for a change.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Yeah, let things like that handle it self I think. As I said, everyone knows eachother here, so in the end it will probably be ok, and if one persons does indeed cross the line in a severe way, other members will certainly tell him so... so at that point the guilty person can either come to his senses, or continue making an ass out of himself. His choice. :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Someone PM'ed me too - not that I mind but I didnt have anything to do with this rant? :)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

They must think you're still a mod.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

See this is what happens when you discuss stuff other than movies. :shock:

Stop it.

Right now.

:lol:

And trigger happy lockers and mods are evil. In my eyes mods should be atleast 30 to wield that kind of power...
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Brad is about 28.
I'm 22.
Toge is 18.

Maybe you're right.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Tom you may be right :)

Oh well :D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Mark: don't call Toge a "little prick".
I won't as long as he's cool with me. 8)
I NEEDDDDDDdddddddddddddd to be able to insult Mark and sexually harrass Bobbi.
As long as it's not the other way round... :oops:
Image
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

how about this for a simple solution to the whole 'getting mods involved' , locking threads thing....

first up get rid of the stigmata of involving a mod , the whole point is mods are there to sort out things individuals dont feel comfortable/capable of sorting out themselves. there should be no demonisation of anyone who chooses to do this.

second up how about if a mod is contacted requesting that a thread be closed or that they have a problem with what someone else is saying then two steps are taken. step one, contact all parties incvolved and see if the whole thing cant be sorted out behind the scenes quietly. step two, if no solution is available to keep all parties happy then the mod makes a decision such as to lock a thread then involved parties are informed of the reasons by pm before the thread is locked. if others want to know why then they are welcome to simply ask the mod involved. alternatively whenever a thread is closed then the person closing it could put in a final post explaining why they locked the thread.

I appreciate depending on your values in life it can be important for people to stand their ground, to respond to insults and baiting to show you're not going to be messed with,but this is a community, a balance needs to be found and sometimes it just needs that little extra bit of zen control...
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
I NEEDDDDDDdddddddddddddd to be able to insult Mark and sexually harrass Bobbi.
As long as it's not the other way round... :oops:
Yeah... I think you'll be safe for now... ;)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

Markgway wrote:
Mark: don't call Toge a "little prick".
I won't as long as he's cool with me. 8)

I don't give a rat's arse what mark calls me - he is a Scot after all ;)
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

Yi-Long wrote:Listen. You guys have gone mad. (mods)
You are wayyyy to triggerhappy it seems and while I have absoultely no doubts you guys mean very well (Tom I've always liked, and Toge at times seems triggerhappy but when some members complain about one of his decisions he's very open and honest and asks how he could do it better in the future, and that has REALLY impressed me, as honestly, not many mods take that kinda attitude)

So this is absolutely nothing personal against either Tom or Toge.
Aw shucks. :D
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Toge wrote:
Markgway wrote:
Mark: don't call Toge a "little prick".
I won't as long as he's cool with me. 8)
I don't give a rat's arse what mark calls me - he is a Scot after all ;)
Right! That's it! I've had enough of this racism! Ban Toge! Close this thread! Destroy Bullets! :shock:
Mordib wrote:first up get rid of the stigmata of involving a mod
Stigmata? Are you sure? :wink:
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Just in case anyone missed this............. :roll:

Posted by Toge in the Announcements Forum.

"Mods or the Webmaster may warn any Bulleteer/member breaking any of the rules:

* 3 warnings - suspended for a week
* After you have been suspended, you start with no warnings and a completely clean slate
* Breaking the rules repeatedly may cause you to be IP banned from this site.

----------

markgway
1) Bigoted comment about muslims https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... ght=#51261

Note: this warning was issued without the approval of moderator Tom2681. Moderator Bradavon has not made any comments yet."
Image
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

Tom thinks modding is a collaborative thing.
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Yes he does. :)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Let me make this real simple for you, Toge.

Take my name off that bloody ridiculous Warning List and stop embarrassing yourself.

I'm sure I'm not the only one fed up with your childish antics.
Image
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

Are you threatening me?
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

this is getting pathetic
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yes it is :(
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I have sent another PM to Mordib.
Probably won't do any good. According to Toge, I'm nobody anyway...

*Packs his bags*
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Toge
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 468
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03

Post by Toge »

I have never said that Tom!

Everyone else - Pathetic is my middle name

edit: i'll remove it since everyone is so against me
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
Image
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

my god, a pre-school class has more decorum and is better behaved than you guys right now...your adults for christ sakes...mark, if you deserved a warning take it be a man and just accept it ok? and since brads left what happened to the mods, you guys on a power trip or what? im sick of everybodys bitching on this forum, this is supposed to be a fun place to come to, to have fun and escape from the shit of day to day life...but right now its getting even worse than day to day life, if it keeps up, i'm outta here...you guys are worse than a kindergarten class...just grow up yeah?

i purposley stayed away from this and the relevant threads becasue it was obvious the result, but its gone too far, even for you guys...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Shen wrote:mark, if you deserved a warning take it be a man and just accept it ok?
Not OK as I didn't deserve it in the first place. LD and I have had these little misunderstandings since way back before you arrived and they always get resolved peacefully... Toge is the one who caused this farce not me. So please don't tell me what to accept, OK?? LD and I are on the verge of leaving this place... but I really appreciate Tom's effort to keep it together.
Image