Locking threads...

Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Cooey wrote:Evenin matey!!! How are you? :D
Not too bad fella :)
How's tricks?
EvaUnit02 wrote:Psycho Killer by Talking Heads. One of the best synth-pop bands of the 1980's.
'Best' being a relative term when used with anything to do with the '80s.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Oooo... :D There were some good 80's bands/songs :)

Eva,
Thanks :)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Image
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Mordib wrote:first up get rid of the stigmata of involving a mod , the whole point is mods are there to sort out things individuals dont feel comfortable/capable of sorting out themselves. there should be no demonisation of anyone who chooses to do this.

second up how about if a mod is contacted requesting that a thread be closed or that they have a problem with what someone else is saying then two steps are taken. step one, contact all parties incvolved and see if the whole thing cant be sorted out behind the scenes quietly. step two, if no solution is available to keep all parties happy then the mod makes a decision such as to lock a thread then involved parties are informed of the reasons by pm before the thread is locked. if others want to know why then they are welcome to simply ask the mod involved. alternatively whenever a thread is closed then the person closing it could put in a final post explaining why they locked the thread.

I appreciate depending on your values in life it can be important for people to stand their ground, to respond to insults and baiting to show you're not going to be messed with,but this is a community, a balance needs to be found and sometimes it just needs that little extra bit of zen control...
As usual Mordib you make perfect sense. Don't pick on the mod just because he's doing his job.
Yi-Long wrote:Brad, generally regarded as the anally retentive one when it comes to modding, has left
Why thank you sir. I was on holiday btw I've not left.
Yi-Long wrote:instead of when I saw Brad's commando to do so...
Well I did ask to be fair (remember I politely asked if he could change it?). Jeez you really do have a beef with me or more to the point the whole concept of a moderator in general.

I really just wish sometimes you could let things rest, instead of moaning for the sake of moaning. You don't agree fine but is constant bitching really worth it?
Markgway wrote:Let me make this real simple for you, Toge.

Take my name off that bloody ridiculous Warning List and stop embarrassing yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one fed up with your childish antics.
For the record I've not removed this as a moderator should be allowed to make their own decisions. If personally I don't agree it will be discussed.
Last edited by bradavon on 07 Sep 2006, 01:10, edited 3 times in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Considering all the childish ranting lately maybe my moderating wasn't so bad after all :D

To try and put things in perspective (based on posts prior to the 22nd of August) the locking of threads, banning people, censoring words and the like was very few and far between.

I'm sorry LD, Yi-long etc... if you disagree with ANY posts being locked full stop but such is life. Surely as Mordib says there are much better things to be moaning about (no that's no an invitation to moan more :wink:).

If you "really" think you have a good reason for a thread to be reopened don't forget you're always more than welcome to pm one of us.
tom2681 wrote:Don't bother. As soon as Brad gets back, I'll be gone. Until then, I'll try to calm things down.
Seriously? That would be an OTT rash decision.
saltysam wrote:it's a discussion board for goodness sake. i like everyone here but i'm afraid some of you are way too sensitive and a little bit full of their own self importance tbh.. some of you need to calm down,ditch the wounded pride and get back to normal. :P
Well said. Normal being DVD discussion :D
saltysam wrote:i'm the elder statesmen of the forum (42) i'll be mod :twisted:
Really? I thought you were younger. Phew I thought I was one of the oldest here (27) :D
Cooey wrote:What have I been missing out on?! Big hello to all the guys who remember me BTW :D
Hey Cooey

Long time no chat. How are you doing?
User avatar
Cooey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 131
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:59
Location: Borough of Peter

Post by Cooey »

bradavon wrote:
Cooey wrote:What have I been missing out on?! Big hello to all the guys who remember me BTW :D
Hey Cooey

Long time no chat. How are you doing?
Hello matey!

I'm very good thanks.... gotta admit I miss the old Bullets big time! Ahhh those were the days :D

Recently got myself a new job so starting to earn some decent money for a change lol and got waaaaay too many DVDs.... so yeah, everything is good thanks Brad!

How are you doing?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Cooey wrote:I'm very good thanks.... gotta admit I miss the old Bullets big time! Ahhh those were the days :D
He he me too, life seemed simpler then.
Cooey wrote:Recently got myself a new job so starting to earn some decent money for a change lol and got waaaaay too many DVDs.... so yeah, everything is good thanks Brad!
Doing what? Not selling DVDs any more then?, just collecting them :D
Cooey wrote:How are you doing?
I'm good thanks, a bit jet lagged from my holiday in San Diego but I had a great time.

I went to the Grand Canyon, had a few wild drinking sessions (one in particular where I must've been the only straight person in the bar :D), amongst other things.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:had a few wild drinking sessions (one in particular where I must've been the only straight person in the bar :D),
The buttache pain in the morning must've been intense. :lol: :wink:
User avatar
Cooey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 131
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:59
Location: Borough of Peter

Post by Cooey »

bradavon wrote:
Cooey wrote:Recently got myself a new job so starting to earn some decent money for a change lol and got waaaaay too many DVDs.... so yeah, everything is good thanks Brad!
Doing what? Not selling DVDs any more then?, just collecting them :D
Now a sales consultant for a company called Wurth.... get a company car, my own boss with a nice big area.... beats being stuck in an office any day :D

LOL, don't sell too many DVDs anymore... sell the odd one or two on eBay but thats really it now
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I'm going to lock this thread as I think it's run it's course for the following reasons:

1. Everyone seems to have had their say
2. Mark's warning has been removed

The locking of threads will continue but as has been the case previously it will be few and far between.

If anyone wishes this thread reopened or wishes to add something please pm me or Tom and we'll be happy to reopen it!


EDIT (By Mordib): I fear this is going to be an ongoing one, I can fully appreciate why many people would have difficulty accepting that threads will occasionally get closed because they have run their course, i will make this one effort to put my point accross and have temporarily left this thread open so it can be dicused if anyone feels the need...

this thread contains valuable discussion on an important topic. Discussion has now dried up, as Brad said, everyone has had their say or so it seems and the nicer friendly chats have started. these chats can easily continue in the anything goes forum, and by closing this thread it will stay a useful reference for anyone that comes along with the same feelings or opinions.

M