Hong Kong Legends BOGOF - Back on! (Kind of)

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I meant I didn't realise it was EVERY DVD which had a FS print got Mono (except two) but yes generally I knew.

Odd to not include it across the board. I guess because they create their own for Media Asia printed DVDs.

p.s - It is "their" BTW - I know, typo but thanks.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:p.s - It is "their" BTW - I know, typo but thanks.
Thank you for not throwing a tantrum out-of-the-blue, like you did last time I innocently corrected you.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I'm all out of nappies :D (no worries).
Risk
Little White Dragon
Posts: 56
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 22:46

Post by Risk »

bradavon wrote: Cheers. I hope I've helped.
Yes you you have. Thank you!

With regards to Beast Cops, I just don't like Michael Wong.


Brad when you contacted HKL (in the first page about changing the order/expiration of the offer) what was the email address? Was it info at? Because Mind, Body & Kick Arse Moves isn't in the offer.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I got my 1st batch from this sale, the wrong dvds haha :) good start. Emeiled em and hope to get replacements and wont have to pay postage to send them back!
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I got my first batch OK, though for some reason THE WARRIOR: PA 2 DISC that I ordered isnt on my list of ordered DVDs :? I've mailed HKL though.

What DVDs did you order Romero and what did you receive?
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

I ordered 8 different DVDs in total and all 8 of them arrived without any problems. :)
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

She Shoots Stright and Knockabout, got 2 copies of City Hunter instead, a fine film maybe, but hell I dont want it again :D
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
That's wierd, sending you the wrong DVD like that :(
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Risk wrote:Brad when you contacted HKL (in the first page about changing the order/expiration of the offer) what was the email address? Was it info at? Because Mind, Body & Kick Arse Moves isn't in the offer.
Weird you'd think it should be. Here we are:

orders@hongkonglegends.co.uk

I got a quick reply, next day. I also filled in the "Contact Us" form: http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/index.php?art_id=105

I think the latter was actually what they replied to.
romerojpg wrote:I got my 1st batch from this sale, the wrong dvds haha :) good start. Emeiled em and hope to get replacements and wont have to pay postage to send them back!
I find their customer services very good. I doubt you'll have problems. My replacement arrived today.
Last edited by bradavon on 12 Dec 2006, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I dont mind at all, HKL ussually recify probs well :) last time they sent me second hand rentals, and for complaining they gave me 4 dvds of my choosing :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

FOUR Crikey, that's nice of them. So you literally received rental DVDs or just dodgy DVDs (neither are good)?

I think I've only used them once before for WOTD: PE. Up until now I've not found them very competitive.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Yup this was ages ago mind you, but when I said they were rentals they were a bit loopy to help me and the manager of the whole department contacted me and gave mer her private email addy and got back to me in a few minutes each time :) the dvds had the blockbuster stickers on em etc.. and were a mess, they bent over backwards to make me feel good and 4 dvds made me feel damn good :D
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

Got all the ones that I ordered with no problem. :) Great bargain.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
Risk
Little White Dragon
Posts: 56
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 22:46

Post by Risk »

bradavon wrote:
Risk wrote:Brad when you contacted HKL (in the first page about changing the order/expiration of the offer) what was the email address? Was it info at? Because Mind, Body & Kick Arse Moves isn't in the offer.
Weird you'd think it should be. Here we are:

orders@hongkonglegends.co.uk

I got a quick reply, next day. I also filled in the "Contact Us" form: http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/index.php?art_id=105

I think the latter was actually what they replied to.
Thanks Brad. I thought it was "info at" because it is the email address they send the newsletter from.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

romerojpg wrote:Yup this was ages ago mind you, but when I said they were rentals they were a bit loopy to help me and the manager of the whole department contacted me and gave mer her private email addy and got back to me in a few minutes each time :) the dvds had the blockbuster stickers on em etc.. and were a mess, they bent over backwards to make me feel good and 4 dvds made me feel damn good :D
That's probably because they could get in big trouble for selling rental copies.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I just had an e-mail from HKL saying THE WARRIOR/MUSA has been despatched BUT It looks like it will be the single disc edition (it said "WARRIOR Single" in the confirmation despatch e-mail). I ordered the 2 disc I thought?

BOOOO! :(

Do you post the DVD back to the freepost address with a note or something?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:
romerojpg wrote:Yup this was ages ago mind you, but when I said they were rentals they were a bit loopy to help me and the manager of the whole department contacted me and gave mer her private email addy and got back to me in a few minutes each time :) the dvds had the blockbuster stickers on em etc.. and were a mess, they bent over backwards to make me feel good and 4 dvds made me feel damn good :D
That's probably because they could get in big trouble for selling rental copies.
Yup I know :) they never really explained why or how it happend, but hell 4 free dvds is nice :D took the pain right away.

I got my second batch today, all perfect :) may order a few more, as hell I own most on the site now :( I may as well get em all.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Risk wrote:Thanks Brad. I thought it was "info at" because it is the email address they send the newsletter from.
I suspect you could equally use that.
grim_tales wrote:Do you post the DVD back to the freepost address with a note or something?
How else would you do it? Carrier pigeon maybe :D . You'd obviously e-mail them first and let them advice you. I'd never just send something back, that's asking for trouble.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

FYI (from DVD Forums, saves me re-typing it):
cb_101 wrote:Dunno if anyones noticed but on the BOGOF banner on the web site its now saying it excludes the £5.99 specials. It still worked for me though and i orderd 10 DVDs for £30. This is one of the best bargains ever thanks again to the OP
Not that it means much as despite the banner the BOGOF is still working on the £5.99 DVDs.

Just in case. The list of non-boxset, non-£5.99 and non-preorder titles are:

Hapkido - £11.99
Initial D - Drift Racer - £11.99
Peacock King - £11.99
A Better Tomorrow 2 - £11.99
Big Boss Platinum Edition - £11.99
Warrior King - £11.99
Way of the Dragon (old single disc) - £7.00 - although it's £5.99 in the BL section???
Dreadnaught - £11.99
Heroes Shed No Tears - £11.99
The Grudge 2 - £11.99

A sale of 10 DVDs wow :D
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I've sent HKL an email as they sent me the single disc Musa when I ordered the 2 disc edition :evil:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

You will be lucky, I sent them an email ages ago now and they still have not got back to me. Customer service has obviously gone down hill.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I e-mailed them and received a response the next day saying my DVD has been cancelled but if I still receive it can I return it to a FREEPOST address, it went on to say they've placed an order for the DVD I did want.

Which popped through the door the other day. So first class service for me.

Romero you are using the Contact Us form right? I replied to them and used the Contact Us form, and it was the latter they replied too.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

They havent replied to me with the Contact US form, I used orders@hongkonglegends.co.uk - is that right?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Yep.