Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion
Elsewhere
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 23 Apr 2007, 17:43
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 23 Apr 2007, 22:58
Emulation via wrappers always sucks. I remember trying to get old 3dfx Glide games to work via OpenGL and Direct3D wrappers.
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799 Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
Post
by slasher13 » 24 Apr 2007, 07:11
EvaUnit02 wrote: Emulation via wrappers always sucks. I remember trying to get old 3dfx Glide games to work via OpenGL and Direct3D wrappers.
Yes I remember thoses days as well. Never could get it to work for me
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 24 Apr 2007, 20:24
I had a Voodoo2 so didn't need to bother with that shit
, back in the day when the Voodoo2 was THE best. I paid £220 for it on week of launch and sold it for 3 years later, wait for it £10
. It was pretty worthless by then.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 25 Apr 2007, 02:06
I had two Voodoo2 12MB cards running in SLI, what's your point? I tried to use the OpenGL and D3D wrappers to play games on a laptop under Win2k. You can't shove a PCI expansion card into a laptop.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 26 Apr 2007, 18:19
I had no point.
I didn't need to bother with wrappers though as I had a Voodoo2 which natively supported Glide. I'd have thought that was obvious, especially to you. Obviously I didn't know you were trying it on a laptop as you've only just said.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 26 Apr 2007, 20:46
bradavon wrote: I had no point...I'd have thought that was obvious, especially to you.
Yes you had no point, other than to be an arsehole.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 29 Apr 2007, 11:03
Obviously if you're going to doctor what I say. You can make anyone look stupid
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 26 Jun 2007, 19:17
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 27 Jun 2007, 00:45
I feel a cOld blowing in.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 27 Jun 2007, 18:30
Another Eva joke I see (that no one else gets)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 27 Jul 2007, 07:20