What DS game?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

What DS game?

Post by grim_tales »

I'm thinking of asking for a DS game for my birthday :) But can't think which one to get. I've got a few in mind, Phoenix Wright or Hotel Dusk for more unique games, but I certainly wouldn't mind Diddy Racing DS or Yoshi's Island either, I'n sure I'd enjoy them - considering how good (IMO) their earlier games were (Diddy Kong Racing on N64 and SNES classic Yoshi's Island) :D
I'd like it to be a game I can take on holiday with me too (I go away in June).
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

My friend says that Hotel Dusk is way too short.

Try to widen your range from gimmicky children's games and N64 ports. Just cuz you own a gimmicky machine doesn't mean you have to play gimmicky games .

Buy these. They are consider the best that the console has to offer:-
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

They're descendents of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, which is brilliant.
Last edited by EvaUnit02 on 05 May 2007, 15:08, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Which one is better?
I wouldnt have said Phoenix Wright was a kid's game myself.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

grim_tales wrote:Which one is better?
I wouldnt have said Phoenix Wright was a kid's game myself.
Probably Portrait of Ruin. The 2nd CV on DS, they probably fixed all the stuff that didn't work in the previous one. By sounds of it, it looks to have a stand alone storyline. Dawn of Sorrow was a direct sequel to GBA's Aria of Sorrow.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I asked for Phoenix Wright in the end, DKR didn't seem all that "great", maybe I'll buy Castlevania: POR if I have extra birthday money or whatever (PW is quite a long game, so will be good for vacation). :)