Locking threads...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Aw I didnt know that some members actually take that PM route to call in a mod.
Is it the person who got insulted himself that asks you in a PM to take action, or a 3rd member who sees 1 or 2 members being insulting towards eachother or whatever, and asks you to mediate?
If I'd genuinely feel insulted in a thread, I'd ask the mod in the thread itself to take action I think. Has a less sneaky thing about it... but if I feel someone else is being insulted, I would say so to the insulting person in the thread, instead of PMing a mod about it. Maybe some people do both... I dont know.
But yeah, that puts you in a tight spot. That sucks man.
Is it the person who got insulted himself that asks you in a PM to take action, or a 3rd member who sees 1 or 2 members being insulting towards eachother or whatever, and asks you to mediate?
If I'd genuinely feel insulted in a thread, I'd ask the mod in the thread itself to take action I think. Has a less sneaky thing about it... but if I feel someone else is being insulted, I would say so to the insulting person in the thread, instead of PMing a mod about it. Maybe some people do both... I dont know.
But yeah, that puts you in a tight spot. That sucks man.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
I won't give any names (I still remember what the P in PM stands for).
Let's just say that someone has PM'd me saying that someone else was provoking him again (even though it's not true), and that he would start a flame war if I didn't do something.
Don't know what to do.
I'm gonna try "doing nothing" for a change.
Let's just say that someone has PM'd me saying that someone else was provoking him again (even though it's not true), and that he would start a flame war if I didn't do something.
Don't know what to do.
I'm gonna try "doing nothing" for a change.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Yeah, let things like that handle it self I think. As I said, everyone knows eachother here, so in the end it will probably be ok, and if one persons does indeed cross the line in a severe way, other members will certainly tell him so... so at that point the guilty person can either come to his senses, or continue making an ass out of himself. His choice. 
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
gojensen
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 603
- Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
- Location: Norway
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22165
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
Mordib
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 673
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
- Location: Irn Bru
how about this for a simple solution to the whole 'getting mods involved' , locking threads thing....
first up get rid of the stigmata of involving a mod , the whole point is mods are there to sort out things individuals dont feel comfortable/capable of sorting out themselves. there should be no demonisation of anyone who chooses to do this.
second up how about if a mod is contacted requesting that a thread be closed or that they have a problem with what someone else is saying then two steps are taken. step one, contact all parties incvolved and see if the whole thing cant be sorted out behind the scenes quietly. step two, if no solution is available to keep all parties happy then the mod makes a decision such as to lock a thread then involved parties are informed of the reasons by pm before the thread is locked. if others want to know why then they are welcome to simply ask the mod involved. alternatively whenever a thread is closed then the person closing it could put in a final post explaining why they locked the thread.
I appreciate depending on your values in life it can be important for people to stand their ground, to respond to insults and baiting to show you're not going to be messed with,but this is a community, a balance needs to be found and sometimes it just needs that little extra bit of zen control...
first up get rid of the stigmata of involving a mod , the whole point is mods are there to sort out things individuals dont feel comfortable/capable of sorting out themselves. there should be no demonisation of anyone who chooses to do this.
second up how about if a mod is contacted requesting that a thread be closed or that they have a problem with what someone else is saying then two steps are taken. step one, contact all parties incvolved and see if the whole thing cant be sorted out behind the scenes quietly. step two, if no solution is available to keep all parties happy then the mod makes a decision such as to lock a thread then involved parties are informed of the reasons by pm before the thread is locked. if others want to know why then they are welcome to simply ask the mod involved. alternatively whenever a thread is closed then the person closing it could put in a final post explaining why they locked the thread.
I appreciate depending on your values in life it can be important for people to stand their ground, to respond to insults and baiting to show you're not going to be messed with,but this is a community, a balance needs to be found and sometimes it just needs that little extra bit of zen control...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
Aw shucks.Yi-Long wrote:Listen. You guys have gone mad. (mods)
You are wayyyy to triggerhappy it seems and while I have absoultely no doubts you guys mean very well (Tom I've always liked, and Toge at times seems triggerhappy but when some members complain about one of his decisions he's very open and honest and asks how he could do it better in the future, and that has REALLY impressed me, as honestly, not many mods take that kinda attitude)
So this is absolutely nothing personal against either Tom or Toge.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Right! That's it! I've had enough of this racism! Ban Toge! Close this thread! Destroy Bullets! :shock:Toge wrote:I don't give a rat's arse what mark calls me - he is a Scot after allMarkgway wrote:I won't as long as he's cool with me. 8)Mark: don't call Toge a "little prick".
Stigmata? Are you sure?Mordib wrote:first up get rid of the stigmata of involving a mod
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Just in case anyone missed this.............
Posted by Toge in the Announcements Forum.
"Mods or the Webmaster may warn any Bulleteer/member breaking any of the rules:
* 3 warnings - suspended for a week
* After you have been suspended, you start with no warnings and a completely clean slate
* Breaking the rules repeatedly may cause you to be IP banned from this site.
----------
markgway
1) Bigoted comment about muslims https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... ght=#51261
Note: this warning was issued without the approval of moderator Tom2681. Moderator Bradavon has not made any comments yet."
Posted by Toge in the Announcements Forum.
"Mods or the Webmaster may warn any Bulleteer/member breaking any of the rules:
* 3 warnings - suspended for a week
* After you have been suspended, you start with no warnings and a completely clean slate
* Breaking the rules repeatedly may cause you to be IP banned from this site.
----------
markgway
1) Bigoted comment about muslims https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... ght=#51261
Note: this warning was issued without the approval of moderator Tom2681. Moderator Bradavon has not made any comments yet."
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22165
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
Toge
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 468
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 11:03
-
Shen
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1481
- Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
- Location: Leeds, UK
my god, a pre-school class has more decorum and is better behaved than you guys right now...your adults for christ sakes...mark, if you deserved a warning take it be a man and just accept it ok? and since brads left what happened to the mods, you guys on a power trip or what? im sick of everybodys bitching on this forum, this is supposed to be a fun place to come to, to have fun and escape from the shit of day to day life...but right now its getting even worse than day to day life, if it keeps up, i'm outta here...you guys are worse than a kindergarten class...just grow up yeah?
i purposley stayed away from this and the relevant threads becasue it was obvious the result, but its gone too far, even for you guys...
i purposley stayed away from this and the relevant threads becasue it was obvious the result, but its gone too far, even for you guys...
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/_Shen_
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
http://www.theshadowedone.deviantart.com
you have a .... Ducky Butt!!
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Not OK as I didn't deserve it in the first place. LD and I have had these little misunderstandings since way back before you arrived and they always get resolved peacefully... Toge is the one who caused this farce not me. So please don't tell me what to accept, OK?? LD and I are on the verge of leaving this place... but I really appreciate Tom's effort to keep it together.Shen wrote:mark, if you deserved a warning take it be a man and just accept it ok?


