Idea for "What have you just seen"-thread...
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
I didn't see anybody agree to anything Bradley, nor has anybody cared to address anything I've said. This is just a pointless exercise that makes no difference to anything, it just adds clutter and spreads it all over the board. You're just happy because it gives you an excuse to play at being moderator and we all know how much you enjoy that.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
So these phantom disagreements are the same phantom agreements you referred to? You're the one saying it was all agreed to. Are they perhaps related to your phantom HD combo? And whilst Tom may have made two of the threads, but you're the one giddy with glee who has taken it from there mkaing more topics, moving things around and having a ball.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Most people (I think) still think it was a good idea, but obviously the main person who wanted them waited for the work to be done then threw his teddies out of the pram and left. Muppet!
The thread was useless to search through before and before long it will be again, if now a bit better to search by.
That said I don't give a monkeys, whatever keeps the peace.
The thread was useless to search through before and before long it will be again, if now a bit better to search by.
That said I don't give a monkeys, whatever keeps the peace.
Last edited by bradavon on 06 Apr 2008, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Yup, how many of us really had a problem with the original one-thread design? 99% of what's posted in these damn threads is usually just a mark out 5 and a brief couple of sentences justifying the mark - why would anyone of sound mind want to refer back to any of them? Surely if the posters wanted a place to store their old opinions on films, they'd just copy their post to a txt file on their HD for easy reference.
I've always considered the marks out of 5 thread to be completely useless as a review compendium, to me the only use it has ever had was in showing what the current regulars are watching and their tastes and thought processes at the time. It is far more interesting in that sense than yet another bleedin "We can't be arsed to use google, so post all your info here" threads that Brad and Tom seem to have big stonking erections for.
I've always considered the marks out of 5 thread to be completely useless as a review compendium, to me the only use it has ever had was in showing what the current regulars are watching and their tastes and thought processes at the time. It is far more interesting in that sense than yet another bleedin "We can't be arsed to use google, so post all your info here" threads that Brad and Tom seem to have big stonking erections for.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
+ A bit of discussion and a handy way of confirming a DVD Mystère cap.Shingster wrote:I've always considered the marks out of 5 thread to be completely useless as a review compendium, to me the only use it has ever had was in showing what the current regulars are watching and their tastes and thought processes at the time.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
@ Singster and Romero: This thread has been here since the 13th of March. Isn't it a bit late to complain now? You should've commented before Tom did the work 
@ Shingster: You cannot post reviews on Google, so I don't get what you mean by that.
I think you're missing the point of the thread. It's so members can say what they thought of a film, for others to agree/disagree or help them decide if it's worth picking up. I personally find members opinions on films useful. I've no interest in blind buying on every film a trailer makes it look good.
If you looked you'd see I'm one of the least active members of these threads
If you don't find the info useful don't read it. I personally find this forum (and others) a valuable resource about films and which ones are worth picking up. Google is a resource but not the only one.
All some members seem capable of doing (note not you) is bitching and posting bollocks on here. They never start new threads, never post DVD/Film news, never post Bargains (even if they spot them) etc... Granted we all post bollocks at times but at least some of us also make an effort to post constructive posts too. I get more fed up by this members than the ones who make the effort to post useful and constructive links/information.
Which btw if anyone is that bothered about the threads being split I suggest you PM Tom, otherwise it's all words and noise.
The new threads have reviews and info in them now. Are you suggesting they're both locked and the people who posted them are asked to re-post their reviews back in the original thread?
Just to suit you.
At the end of the day though the only member who really gave a shit is no long here. I suggest someone who really cares PM's Tom.
@ Shingster: You cannot post reviews on Google, so I don't get what you mean by that.
I think you're missing the point of the thread. It's so members can say what they thought of a film, for others to agree/disagree or help them decide if it's worth picking up. I personally find members opinions on films useful. I've no interest in blind buying on every film a trailer makes it look good.
If you looked you'd see I'm one of the least active members of these threads
If you don't find the info useful don't read it. I personally find this forum (and others) a valuable resource about films and which ones are worth picking up. Google is a resource but not the only one.
All some members seem capable of doing (note not you) is bitching and posting bollocks on here. They never start new threads, never post DVD/Film news, never post Bargains (even if they spot them) etc... Granted we all post bollocks at times but at least some of us also make an effort to post constructive posts too. I get more fed up by this members than the ones who make the effort to post useful and constructive links/information.
Which btw if anyone is that bothered about the threads being split I suggest you PM Tom, otherwise it's all words and noise.
Serious question:Lourdes wrote:So, can we have the old thread back now?
The new threads have reviews and info in them now. Are you suggesting they're both locked and the people who posted them are asked to re-post their reviews back in the original thread?
Just to suit you.
It's only been split in half, it's not like there are now hundreds of them. It will be as big in no time but at least now if you wish to find a review it the threads are slightly more constructive. Asian or General.romerojpg wrote:Little seperate ones are shit.
At the end of the day though the only member who really gave a shit is no long here. I suggest someone who really cares PM's Tom.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
I don't read this forum very often, and I have the right to say my piece whenever the hell I want to thankyouverymuch.bradavon wrote:@ Singster and Romero: This thread has been here since the 13th of March. Isn't it a bit late to complain now? You should've commented before Tom did the work
Well you see brad, Google is a thing that us more internet savvy people like to call a "search engine", a wonderful website where you can enter a term like "Shinobi R2 DVD Review" into a searchbar and press GO and hey presto, it lists all the pages it can find with those words in it. Truly amazing!@ Shingster: You cannot post reviews on Google, so I don't get what you mean by that.
Yes Brad, I cannot comprehend the "marks out of 5 forums" that's what it is! Fortunately not every member on these boards is a total dullard and know there's more to forming an opinion on a film than just listing a bleedin mark out of 5.I think you're missing the point of the thread. It's so members can say what they thought of a film, for others to agree/disagree or help them decide if it's worth picking up. I personally find members opinions on films useful. I've no interest in blind buying on every film a trailer makes it look good.
Hmm, you either didn't understand what I was saying or you're a liar. The words "least active member" coming from you in relation to any thread on these boards is something of an amusement though!If you looked you'd see I'm one of the least active members of these threads
Many of the regulars on these boards think 99% of what you post is useless dribble, yet they don't have an "ignore member" function so they have to put up with it. So no, I don't think a few members moaning about needless "sticky" threads is too much to ask.If you don't find the info useful don't read it.
Yes because heaven forbid a moderator on these boards actually read one of the threads in the feedback forum!Which btw if anyone is that bothered about the threads being split I suggest you PM Tom, otherwise it's all words and noise.
Jesus, weren't you a mod once? Have you already forgotten that you can remove posts from threads and place them in a freshly created thread? I seem to recall it being your favourite past time until Tom booted your ass off the site. All Tom has to do is start a new, general "marks out of 5" thread!The new threads have reviews and info in them now. Are you suggesting they're both locked and the people who posted them are asked to re-post their reviews back in the original thread?
Just to suit you.
There's Asian, Film, and TV. Yup! Split in half!romerojpg wrote:Little seperate ones are shit.
It's only been split in half, it's not like there are now hundreds of them. It will be as big in no time but at least now if you wish to find a review it the threads are slightly more constructive. Asian or General.
Sigh, once again Tom can read this thread just as easily as any PM. You were the moderator who couldn't handle public criticism, not Tom.At the end of the day though the only member who really gave a shit is no long here. I suggest someone who really cares PM's Tom.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Of course. It just would've been more useful a month agoShingster wrote:I don't read this forum very often, and I have the right to say my piece whenever the hell I want to thankyouverymuch.
Of course, which is why some members do more than just give it a mark out of 5.Shingster wrote:Fortunately not every member on these boards is a total dullard and know there's more to forming an opinion on a film than just listing a bleedin mark out of 5.
Contrary to popular opinion I've yet to "lie" on this forum.Shingster wrote:Hmm, you either didn't understand what I was saying or you're a liar.
As they should. We all have to ignore drivel from members at times. I regularly ignore drivel members post. You could direct that 99% remark at many members on this forum.Shingster wrote:Many of the regulars on these boards think 99% of what you post is useless dribble, yet they don't have an "ignore member" function so they have to put up with it.
I'm sure Tom does read this thread but on a forum where members are all allowed equal say it's all a bit pointless. You'll never please everyone.Shingster wrote:Yes because heaven forbid a moderator on these boards actually read one of the threads in the feedback forum!
On a forum where people are encouraged to say what they really think, it wouldn't be as simple as that, would it.Shingster wrote:All Tom has to do is start a new, general "marks out of 5" thread!
Like I said if anyone is really that bothered (which I suspect no one is and just likes their sound of their own voice) let Tom know and I'm sure he'll listen to everyone's opinion, and may just put it back.
If the majority really gave a shit we'd have more than just 4 members bothering to reply.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
So you think that someone here sits down and goes "why I would like to find a single sentence review for Blacks on Blondes XII" and then goes through those topics page by page?
You are such a tedious tit, you don't have to respond endless to every topic on this forum and pedantically defend your stupid ideas.
I really regret sorting your account out, you would have carried on with your temporary one telling us each post would be your last but it would be a laugh at least.
You are such a tedious tit, you don't have to respond endless to every topic on this forum and pedantically defend your stupid ideas.
I really regret sorting your account out, you would have carried on with your temporary one telling us each post would be your last but it would be a laugh at least.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Guess what. I find you a bore too 
Always trolling and posting shit all over the forum. I do mostly ignore you though. I guess you'll have to do the same.
Always trolling and posting shit all over the forum. I do mostly ignore you though. I guess you'll have to do the same.
Coming from the member who threw his teddies out of the pram posting Asian Reviews in General and visa versa and decided for no good reason to start this topic up again, that means very little.Lourdes wrote:and pedantically defend your stupid ideas.
Someone else would have, if you hadn't, so don't big yourself up too much.Lourdes wrote:I really regret sorting your account out, you would have carried on with your temporary one telling us each post would be your last but it would be a laugh at least.
Last edited by bradavon on 06 Apr 2008, 21:30, edited 3 times in total.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19