Do we need a new Mod?
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Don't be ridiculous Brad, nobody on here really wants to be Mod, and why would they? Everytime a Mod steps down and we start a thread like this it's always met with the same old indifference! No forum runs itself all the time, Mordib (and to a lesser extent) Tom are not nearly active enough to handle the (very) minor running that this forum requires.bradavon wrote:This thread should be renamed:
Can I be mod?
If no one steps up then the next time a thread becomes massively derailed, or a spammer/troll makes his way onto the place, we'll all be sitting here waiting for someone to sort it out. And what about the new membership applications, can they be activated without a mod to oversee them?
This thread was started so we could see who was willing to take on the role, no one else was and I have enough time on my hands and visit this site frequently enough that I can take on the responsibilty. So why not?
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
We get the bloody message, jeesh no offence but we get it!Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway
I think Tom is still doing it but no they cannot, unless Admin mode is turn off again.And what about the new membership applications, can they be activated without a mod to oversee them?
Knock yourself out.So why not?
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Really? Cause usually it takes us about 8-10 times to explain something to you, and then you still don't get it. So are you sure!? Really?bradavon wrote:We get the bloody message, jeesh no offence but we get it!Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
No I do agree that most forums get overly moderated in this regard, I've never understood the dreaded fear of going off-topic, but when it's a long-standing thread it can get annoying when it descends into bickering.Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway, and we're not made of sugar and we all know eachother, so who cares!?
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Really depends a bit on the thread. If it's a thread with a clear purpose, like bargains or whatever, yeah, it should be moderated, so you dont keep clicking on it looking for a good bargain while it's just Mark and Brad arguiing about their feet-fetish or whatever...Shingster wrote:No I do agree that most forums get overly moderated in this regard, I've never understood the dreaded fear of going off-topic, but when it's a long-standing thread it can get annoying when it descends into bickering.Yi-Long wrote:TBH, I dont really care about threads at times temporarily 'derailing'. It usually sorts itself out anyway, and we're not made of sugar and we all know eachother, so who cares!?
Some other threads, like political/social ones, usually fare pretty well with some 'bickering' going on, so I dont really mind those going 'wrong' and with people at eachother's throats
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Well... this kinda works for me. If you guys want Shingster to be mod, that's fine.
I've never really liked the guy from the moment he joined Bullets (that's why I'm glad I've never had to work with him as a co-moderator)
However, if you guys all agree on this and have no objection, then neither do I.
If Shingster wants to step in, I'll gladly step down and leave him in charge.
Any objections? If not, I'm ready to make the arrangements.
I've never really liked the guy from the moment he joined Bullets (that's why I'm glad I've never had to work with him as a co-moderator)
However, if you guys all agree on this and have no objection, then neither do I.
If Shingster wants to step in, I'll gladly step down and leave him in charge.
Any objections? If not, I'm ready to make the arrangements.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Bush wrote:Well... this kinda works for me. If you guys want Obama to be president, that's fine.
I've never really liked the guy from the moment he joined politics (that's why I'm glad I've never had to work with him as a politician)![]()
However, if you guys all agree on this and have no objection, then neither do I.
If Obama wants to step in, I'll gladly step down and leave him in charge.
Any objections? If not, I'm ready to make the arrangements.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
-
the68monkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
- Location: Eastern United States
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
