So what do you guys want?
How many of you are seriously unhappy about the separate "what have you seen" threads?
I was thinking about unstickying the old thread and letting it drown.
(Of course, both the general and asian threads will contain a link to it so it doesn't get lost).
But if a majority of bulleteers are really upset, I can always lock the new ones and unlock the old one.
Note: Although I don't post much, I do read all posts (well... maybe not all, but most of them).
Idea for "What have you just seen"-thread...
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
As I said before, I dont really care either way. Seperate threads for either asian or western movies are OK by me, but I also didnt have a problem with just 1 big 'what have you just seen' thread. These are just quick-take reviews, to let the people here know what you've watched and how you liked it. Most of us are interested in all kinds of cinema...
I dont get why some people are making a huge fuss out of it. It doesnt seem worth it.
I dont get why some people are making a huge fuss out of it. It doesnt seem worth it.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Nobody is "unhappy" or "upset" it was just a completely pointless bit of moderating proposed by TLD who is no longer here and championed by Brad who's a bit 'local shop' about having everything in specific topics and loved getting to play mod.
No one else wanted it.....
This topic would only be a page long were it not for Brad being Brad.
No one else wanted it.....
This topic would only be a page long were it not for Brad being Brad.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Yup, it's no big deal, but at the end of the day when 1 sticky thread works just as well as 3 seperate ones, common sense dictates you simply use the 1 sticky thread. Also Tom, you could also consider moving the "affiliate links" sticky to the Bargains & Suppliers forum. The only reason it's in general is because of the "what have you recieved thread", (the most vacuos thread in the history of the internet), but either way you can just put a note to affilliate links in the title of that thread.
There's just so many needless sticky threads cluttering up the forums. For instance the "forum rules" sticky that's in the Asian Film forum, when there's already one it its rightful place in the Announements forum.
There's just so many needless sticky threads cluttering up the forums. For instance the "forum rules" sticky that's in the Asian Film forum, when there's already one it its rightful place in the Announements forum.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
@ Tom: I think the only members who're actually bothered either way are LD and Lourdes. As LD has gone off to mope that leaves Lourdes.
Do whatever you like on this one, as far as I'm concerned.
, but frankly it may as well be Unstickied. I seriously doubt anyone uses it and Mordib said he wasn't bothered.
Stop picking at my comments specifically and making jabs my way. There's really no need to do it every time I post.
Do whatever you like on this one, as far as I'm concerned.
Please don't. Bargains already has enough Stickies. I put it in Anything Goes for that reasonAlso Tom, you could also consider moving the "affiliate links" sticky to the Bargains & Suppliers forum.
I second that. It's pretty pointless anyway when due to the nature of Bullets no member bothers to read it or if they do bother to remotely adhere to it.Shingster wrote:For instance the "forum rules" sticky that's in the Asian Film forum, when there's already one it its rightful place in the Announements forum.
You'll find Tom and others thought it was a good idea too, check out page 1. You'll also see Tom has created as many specific topics over his tenure as Moderator as I ever did.Lourdes wrote:and championed by Brad who's a bit 'local shop' about having everything in specific topics and loved getting to play mod.
Stop picking at my comments specifically and making jabs my way. There's really no need to do it every time I post.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
@Shing:
I'll see what I can do about reducing the number of stickies.
I'm sure that a couple of them are redundant and therefore useless.
I'll see what I can do about reducing the number of stickies.
I'm sure that a couple of them are redundant and therefore useless.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
