General DVD Question.
-
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54
General DVD Question.
Is it possible to have both NTSC and PAL video on a DVD-9?
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Technically: yes.
However, most standalone players don't seem to like it very much.
Some players will get stuck in PAL mode if the first track on the disc is PAL (and vice versa), some players will freeze...
My Pioneer just stops working when it tries to switch from one mode to the other.
If you want to watch your PAL+NTSC DVD-9 on anything other than your PC:
Don't bother. It probably won't work.
However, most standalone players don't seem to like it very much.
Some players will get stuck in PAL mode if the first track on the disc is PAL (and vice versa), some players will freeze...
My Pioneer just stops working when it tries to switch from one mode to the other.
If you want to watch your PAL+NTSC DVD-9 on anything other than your PC:
Don't bother. It probably won't work.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
That's bootlegs for you.
If the menus are in NTSC, I suspect that most players won't be able to switch to PAL when they hit the interview. It will probably look either cropped, jerky or vertically squished.
If the menus are in NTSC, I suspect that most players won't be able to switch to PAL when they hit the interview. It will probably look either cropped, jerky or vertically squished.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
