http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/6-/Campaign ... id=8719835
Lots of classics for only 6 bucks a pop.
Too bad it isnt in the 3 for 15 action, but 6 pounds is a nice price anyway...
Ghibli sale over at Play.com
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Ghibli sale over at Play.com
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
I was thinking of picking up Only Yesterday and Kiki... and maybe Pom Poko.
TBH, I dont really notice NTSC-PAL shit. Maybe I'm blind, or maybe my xbox just handles it well... but Nausicaa and Laputa looked good on my tv.
Totoro I already have the HK dvd.
So i'll only upgrade the movies I have when we they get available on a HD format...
TBH, I dont really notice NTSC-PAL shit. Maybe I'm blind, or maybe my xbox just handles it well... but Nausicaa and Laputa looked good on my tv.
Totoro I already have the HK dvd.
So i'll only upgrade the movies I have when we they get available on a HD format...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
Yeah, Takahata seems to be the more "slice of life" director, while Miyazaki prefers full-blown fantasy.Yi-Long wrote:Personally I quite like Whisper of the Heart. It's an anime which could just as well have been a 'normal' movie, with real actors. I love the backgrounds, and the characters are nice as well.
I'd like to know what Hayao was smoking when he named one of his movies "The Whore: Castle in the Sky".
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
How did they name that movie in Spain btw?
"Mommy? Can we buy 'Whore's castle in the sky' please?"
Supposedly there's a 45 minute making off documentary on the Only yesterday disc, where we see Miyazaki and Takahata together, and it seems like Miyazaki is moaning that Takahata isnt rushed as much as he is, by the bosses.
I havent seen it myself, but read it today in a review of the disc. Gonna order it
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
See for yourself:- http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0092067/Yi-Long wrote:How did they name that movie in Spain btw?