What do you think of our forum smilies?

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by grim_tales »

I think we should have a proper 'in love' smiley :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by bradavon »

Yay greenie is back :D :D :D
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by Shingster »

Lourdes wrote:Shing, in case you deleted them I uploaded a zip of the old smilies.
Cheers Lourdes, I have been keeping back ups of the originals on my HD but it's good to have a zip file online as well. :thumbs:
grim_tales wrote:I think we should have a proper 'in love' smiley :)
Noted, at the moment I'm really busy with DVDTimes reviewing so I'm never actually one these boards for longer than 15mins at a time, but when I get time I'll be adding more original smilies to the database, so keep the suggestions coming and I'll see what I can do.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by Shingster »

HungFist wrote:I need that "drunken smiley". It always seemed like "in love" to me so I used it to express my love towards idols.
Added, I've also added two of the original "love" smilies (most of the old love smilies were atrocious):

: drunk : : :drunk:
: love : :love:
: biglove : :biglove:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by bradavon »

Did anyone actually use those? I'm just wondering.

The drunk one looks like love? WTF! It's so looks like er. drunk.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Shing :)
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by HungFist »

Shingster wrote:
HungFist wrote:I need that "drunken smiley". It always seemed like "in love" to me so I used it to express my love towards idols.
Added, I've also added two of the original "love" smilies (most of the old love smilies were atrocious):

: drunk : : :drunk:
: love : :love:
: biglove : :biglove:
Thanks. Drunk is still the best. The other two are too agressive for my use.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by Markgway »

Thanks, Shingster! :D
Image
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by Shingster »

OK 2 very minor alterations (creating and uploading smilies is surprisingly more time consuming than it should be!) here, but I've altered the shocked smiley and added a brand new suspicious smiley:

: o = :o
: suspect : = :suspect:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by grim_tales »

Great job Shing :)

:o is like the one on Old Bullets.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by Shingster »

New love smiley:

: love : :love:

Any better than the drunken smiley, Hung? :D
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by HungFist »

Shingster wrote:New love smiley:

: love : :love:

Any better than the drunken smiley, Hung? :D
no :D
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by Shingster »

Bah! :D

I've removed the other 2 love smilies as I think that one does the job well enough, I've moved the drunk smiley to the main box so you don't have to bother with the pop up box from now on.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by bradavon »

Good work Shing!
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by gasteropod »

Why does typing a sticking-tongue-out smiley produce just a happy smiley lol - :P
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by grim_tales »

I see what you mean Gas.
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Re: What do you think of our forum smilies?

Post by HungFist »

where's cry smiley?